Senior Associate, Health Communications Research Specialist
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, HEALTH COMMUNICATION RESEARCH SPECIALIST
Weber Shandwick is seeking two experienced Health Communications Research Specialists to serve as a full-time embed for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention within the National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD) as well as Health Communication Science Office (HSCO). The specialists will help design, conduct and report on research to be conducted to help inform health communications strategies, ultimately driving toward better health outcomes.
As a Health Communications Research Specialist, you will help:
- Support the overall account team in the development and implementation of research to support the contract
- Provide day-to-day account support and act as the liaison between the agency team and the research team
- Collect and analyze information from surveys, focus groups and in-depth interviews to provide insights for messaging from audiences' knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors
- Conduct evaluation activities and evaluation research to enhance the effectiveness of communications effort
- Conduct additional research as needed and keep the larger research account team informed of progress
- Draft strategic insights reports that align with the project goals and objectives
- At least 3 years of experience in health communications research, including strategic communications, public health and social marketing campaigns; some roles may require additional years' experience
- Strong knowledge of both qualitative and quantitative research methods and when and why they should be leveraged
- Experience supporting federal or state public health clients
- Communications agency experience preferred
- Experience managing complex research programs in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytic and writing skills are essential
- Residence in the Atlanta, GA area and ability to commute to CDC offices (upon reopening)
Beyond deep integrated communications savvy and skill, what we value in people we hire
- Curiosity—and a desire to always be learning.
- Kindness and empathy
- A healthy sense of humor
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.