Account Director, Public Affairs
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Washington, DC, United States
The Regional Director has overall accountability to perform day-to-day management of large-scale regional operations for a large DHS federal client. As the client team’s operational lead, the Director/VP, Regional Director serves as a collaborative intermediary between project partner leads and the agency, ensuring that a cross-practice approach is applied to all issues related to deliverable quality and fiscal health of the contract.
The Regional Director is responsible for: ensuring that the principles of continuous improvement are utilized throughout the program development and delivery, and that project teams use flexible project planning designed to support the creative and executional process.
This position serves as the primary contact for internal team members, agency practice and discipline leads, and outside vendors. The position is directly or indirectly involved in leading projects from concept/strategy through flawless execution. One of the most important aspects of this position is the ability to be the conductor of the project/team and be a proactive, solution-oriented, operationally strategic leader.
He/she is responsible for the optimization of team staffing structure, ensuring the right skill sets are applied to the work to serve the business requirements, deliverable quality, and partners with the account lead to manage the financial health of the account. This role is also responsible for oversight of a dedicated contract team in DC and across the US.
This position will be a contingent hire, with hire date expected in Q2 2021.
- Perform day-to-day management of large-scale regional operations for a large DHS federal client;
- Organize, direct and coordinate the planning and production of regional contract support activities, including full conformance with contract requirements, schedules, and costs;
- Organize, direct, and manage all contract operation support necessary to satisfactorily perform the work required at the regional level;
- Identify and support the implementation of regional efficiencies and best practices;
- Oversee the work of simultaneous large-scale, high visibility national projects and a large team of staff responsible for planning and executing projects;
- Provide contract status reporting to the designated client personnel;
- Provide technical guidance to large-scale project teams in performance of the work;
- Review and ensure quality of all regional work products;
- Provide senior communications counsel, strategic planning, issues management and strategic communications support across multiple engagements;
- Maintain and promote communications products and messaging;
- Define and collect contract metrics;
- Lead ongoing regional strategic communications and outreach operations amongst various regionally dispersed project teams;
- Provide financial management, cost estimating, and/or business management support; and
- Lead large-scale national projects that involve the successful management of multi-functional teams, including project development, expertise in management and control of funds and resources, demonstrated capability in managing multiple projects over multiple locations.
- Report directly to the Project Director.
- Minimum of 8+ years of business management experience, including increasing responsibilities in assignment supervision and management.
- 5+ years of project and program management experience. At a minimum, the Regional Director shall have experience within the last five (5) years working on high visibility projects of a similar scope and size (over $100M). Supporting U.S. government agencies within national security, emergency management, and other similar US agencies preferred.
- A. or B.S. degree in business or communication related field. Master's Degree preferred.
- Ability to assess existing processes and identify opportunities to increase efficiency
- Client-facing experience required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with internal team members across multiple disciplines and levels, instilling confidence and trust in your abilities.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Effective negotiation and conflict management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Project, Excel, and Powerpoint
- US Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.