Manager, Media Relations
St. Louis, Missouri, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a senior associate/manager to join our Integrated Media team within our St. Louis Consumer Practice.
We are seeking a strong senior associate/manager (senior account executive level) to join our Integrated Media team within our Consumer Practice. You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media, and constantly immersing yourself in pop culture trends. If you see the headline “no one comes to child’s birthday party” and think “our toy client should send that kid a bunch of free toys and earn media headlines,” then you’re thinking like a Weber Shandwick Culture Tapper. We’re looking for someone who is willing to completely immerse themselves in our clients’ business to consistently bring better, bolder brainstorming to the table for a diverse field of clients – from snack cookies to automotive racing and absolutely everything in-between. As a senior associate/manager, you will have the opportunity to work on various top-tier brands in various consumer categories.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Developing a strong understanding of your clients’ businesses and target audiences, and working with strategists and creative team members to deliver solutions that meet program objectives
- Monitoring media outlets, understanding industry issues that directly and indirectly affect your client(s), and analyzing and distilling meaningful insights from media coverage
- Generating story ideas and topic angles, drafting media materials, and pitching media to land earned coverage
- Developing strategic messaging for clients and supporting creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
- Leveraging influencers (e.g. advocates, bloggers/vloggers and other relatable voices) to impact clients, their brands and marketing goals
- Providing thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels
- Supporting creative ideation on a consistent basis
- Serving as a role model to team members
- Participating in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Actively participating in agency development and assist with new business
- Business Acumen – Align talent strategies to drive business goals
- Client Service – Client focus and ability to build trust and rapport across all levels
- Proactivity – Exhibit relentless pursuit for new and innovative talent strategies
- Collaboration – Build strong relationships at all levels across the organization
- Critical Thinking – Ask probing questions; anticipate and address critical talent gaps and needs
- Conflict Resolution – Possess sound judgment and savvy in navigating and resolving complex talent and organizational issues
- Bachelor’s Degree or four (4) or more years of work experience
- 3 to 4 years’ relevant experience
- Prior media relations experience
About Weber Shandwick St. Louis
In the Before Times, the Weber Shandwick St. Louis homebase was located at 555 Washington Avenue. We are all currently working from home, though when we return to the office here’s a little of what you can expect: We’re a dog friendly office, and love all of our pups. We have one of the most unique looking offices downtown (think The City Museum meets Steampunk), which is home to great camaraderie and culture between colleagues. There is plenty of room to spread out…whether you prefer to work at a desk, from the couch, or at our fully stocked bar. We even have a health and wellness room for when you need to collect your thoughts, or just chill. Healthy snacks are provided in our kitchen for grazing throughout the day, but we’re also close to some of downtown’s best restaurants and cafes. Our motto is to be good to each other, but tough on the work.
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. We were named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019 and earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. We were also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, our agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.