Public Relations Summer Internship
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
ATLANTA PR INTERNSHIP
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications agency delivering daily on what we do best: engage. We earn attention and incite action for the best brands and organizations worldwide by championing integration and placing people, culture and relationships at the heart. Always.
The Weber Shandwick Atlanta office is seeking enthusiastic recent college graduates to support consumer and corporate client service teams.
Our Atlanta internship program focuses on developing strong communications, project management and interpersonal skills, while working closely with a team of dynamic and enthusiastic professionals. Weber Shandwick interns will gain practical experience as fully integrated members of client service teams and will receive coaching from team members to help advance their career goals.
Our summer internship program runs from Tuesday, May 26 through Friday, Sept. 4.
- Thinking: Do it out of the box and thoroughly.
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly.
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multitask. Work fast, work hard and work well.
- Awareness: Be news- and culture-focused, and think like a journalist and social influencer.
- Interpersonal Skills: Play nice, whether it’s in a team, with a team or independently.
- Exploration: Demonstrate solid research skills for various projects.
- Digital Aptitude: Know the relevant social platforms, what brands are doing on them and broader trends in the digital space.
- Research: Uncover cultural moments, trends and opportunities for our clients to engage.
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams.
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics.
- Create: Craft written words, images and ideas.
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track and measure placements, etc.
What we are looking for:
- Thinking: Intellectual curiosity and creativity is essential
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required
- Availability: 40 hours a week throughout the duration of your internship
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Cover letter
Optional: you are encouraged to submit up to two pieces of work to supplement what you include in your resume. This includes but is not limited to photography, video, blogs, writing samples or art.
Weber Shandwick Atlanta values self-expression and empowers our team to pursue its passions while delivering high-quality work that solves our clients’ challenges. The optional creative piece is an opportunity to show your passions, your previous work and what you will bring to our dynamic team.
Be a part of one of the world’s leading communications firms, Weber Shandwick, as we activate bold, data-driven ideas that earn attention and solve our client’s complex business and communications problems. (www.webershandwick.com).
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@cmgrp.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.