Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
We are looking for a highly-experienced Account Director with a flair for consumer work to join Weber Shandwick and run some of the agency’s most exciting accounts. You’ll be working with a brilliant team to oversee client delivery, provide counsel and strategic direction, and motivate the team to craft work that truly is their best.
We are proud to work with the world’s largest corporations, companies, and organisations. This role offers you the same opportunity – to work with the biggest and best clients in the world.
What will you be doing?
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and uphold the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Provide strategic counsel to clients, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions
- Lead the delivery of high quality earned and social activity, which includes development of media and channel strategies, story development and management of third parties
- Brief and inform account teams – communicate expectations/goals to team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions
- Work successfully with partner agencies as part of a client integrated agency team, both internally at WS and externally
Who are you?
- Previous industry experience at an experienced Senior Manager or Account Director level
- A brilliant understanding of what makes an earned story – and how to make them travel across multiple channels
- An excellent communicator, you'll build connections quickly with the people around you
- Strategic mindset – you will be able to anticipate potential roadblocks and keep ahead of the curve with emerging trends
- Proven project management skills, leading multiple teams, as well as interagency, to deliver work that
- Strong social and digital acumen – highly competent at developing and executing influencer programs, social listening, and wider digital and social strategies
- Strong business acumen and a persuasive seller
- Strategic in your thinking
- Nurture, upskill and develop junior team members
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Personal pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buy or sell holiday
- Additional life assurance cover
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Gym discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working with our 3:2 hybrid work model
- 4pm Friday finish
- Equivalent of $250 USD for new joiners on 6 month + contract to support home working setup
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days, birthday day off work and Christmas period off
- Flexible public holidays (from 2023)
- Sweets and snacks in the office
- Exclusive shopping discounts and perks
- Headspace membership
- Annual eyecare voucher
- Season ticket loan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Long service bonus
- Enhanced family leave
- Inclusive and invisible health policies
Note from the Talent Team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage.
Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.