Director, Social Strategy
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Director, Social Strategy
Weber Shandwick Chicago is seeking an entrepreneurial and enthusiastic Director of Social Strategy to join our team. This role requires an experienced digital and social strategist who will have a high degree of autonomy to lead, develop, and implement strategies across multiple accounts and clients. If you are a digital native and love to manage multiple projects that produce measurable results, you’re right for this role! Weber Shandwick engages audiences in our client’s stories, wherever they get told. Our success is built upon a deep commitment to client service, our community, creativity, collaboration and engaging stakeholders in new and innovative ways to build campaigns that deliver.
- Serve as a day-to-day social strategy lead for a major client
- Develop and implement innovative social brand strategies that are integrated with overall client marketing objectives/goals
- Become an expert on our client’s business and how their communications objectives help achieve business goals
- Take broad concepts and strategy and translate them into meaningful, actionable social and platform strategy operating plans that achieve our client’s communications objectives
- Identify ways to measure success against campaign goals and achievable outcomes; determine methods to collect and present data and analysis to clients as well as internal stakeholders
- Provide key data and analysis of digital/social/mobile media campaigns to clients as well as internal staff
- Collaborate with internal and external agency teams to develop and implement integrated media strategy, media planning and program execution
- Lead development of social media management standards, policies and rules of engagement for social channels
- Define KPIs and implement measurement, analytics and reporting methods to gauge success, providing key data and analysis of digital/social media campaigns to clients as well as internal account and management staff;
- Assess social and digital technological innovations to find ways to further current client offerings and (i.e. PMDs, new social platforms, social listening tools, competitive tracking)
- Participate in new business pitch development and presentations
- Works autonomously on POVs and thought-leadership pieces for internal and external communications (clients and industry)
- Provides ongoing proactive strategic council on areas of opportunity to continue organic business growth and program evolution
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.