Senior Administrative Assistant
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Senior Administrative Assistant
We are seeking an extremely competent Administrative Assistant to support the Detroit Leadership Team and office with day-to-day administrative and operational duties. The ideal candidate will be someone who is proactive, resourceful, highly organized, diligent, detail-oriented, efficient, and takes initiative. They will be unflappable and thrive in a high-intensity, fast-paced environment. Due to the nature of the work, the candidate must have meticulous attention to detail and be able and eager to juggle multiple responsibilities.
This is a hybrid role with the Administrative Assistant physically in the office at least 2-3 times a week and can work remotely the other days.
• Oversee logistics and provide critical support for internal and external meetings (scheduling, material prep, key stakeholder coordination, ordering food, etc.)
o On-site coordination requirements will increase for Detroit-based needs as in-person and in-office meetings and events continue to return o Presentation coordination and assembly with speakers and contributors is important, so familiarity and a high level of comfort with Microsoft Office (especially Outlook and PowerPoint) is crucial
• Galvanize and reinforce office culture through the management of recognition and celebratory events (birthdays, work anniversaries, etc.) as well as other office activities such as office holiday party
• Update and oversee management of essential team documents, including new business, new hire and marketing materials
• Support senior team in keeping appropriate agency systems updated (e.g. client and team listservs, etc.)
• Partner with Finance, HR and IT on new hires and orientation, tech needs across the office, etc.
• Provide administrative support for the Detroit Leadership Team, including:
o Scheduling and coordinating travel arrangements;
o Submitting Expense reports;
o Calendar and appointment management (navigating both internal teams as well as interfacing with clients and prospects); o Office expenses, including supplies and subscriptions;
o Some general administrative and telephone support and management of contacts; and
o Special projects as assigned
• Ability to have discretion with confidential information
• At least 5 years of professional administrative experience in a fast paced, professional environment
• Proficient in MS Office (Outlook, Word and Excel) with strong PowerPoint skills and experience editing presentations
• Extreme attention to detail, ability to multi-task and juggle priorities
• Smart, self-starter, resourceful and ready to jump in
• Solution-oriented in a fast paced environment
• Excellent communications skills
• Experience in meeting coordination and event planning
• Experience working on multiple projects
• Client service experience a plus
• Experience working with Microsoft Teams and associated programs a plus
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.