Senior Vice President, Media Relations – Healthcare
Los Angeles, California, United States
Weber Sandwick is looking for a Senior Vice President for its growing healthcare practice. The ideal candidate is passionate about making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions. They will have experience and/or knowledge that spans multiple therapeutic areas across the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or health technology fields.
This SVP will have proven leadership and client service skills, and experience managing integrated communications campaigns. They will display personal ownership and accountability for client engagement, with the ability to cultivate and nurture long-term partnerships and client satisfaction. The successful candidate will have experience with consumer programs, never-ending curiosity, a desire to always do better, and the ability to inspire and connect with teams. They will be a hands-on team member who values people and culture. We are a company of doers even at the most senior level.
- Drive development of solution-based program strategies and direct development of tactical plans
- Maintain daily client contact, serving as a trusted resource and advisor
- Facilitate cross-functional team integration (strategy, creative, integrated media specialists, etc.) to deliver on client plans
- Act as effective, two-way translator between clients and teams, actively counseling development of work in the best interest of all parties
- Proactively support and suggest improvements and new ideas to exceed client expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience
- Have ownership of client financials and profitability
- Coordinate integration with other agency partners
- Successfully navigate conflicts across internal stakeholders, clients and agency partners
- Manage ongoing team resourcing/staffing to ensure successful delivery of work product
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- 10-15 years of relevant healthcare communications experience with a focus in driving earned media, ideally both agency and in-house
- Track record of securing robust earned media results as demonstrated by key metrics such as quality and reach
- Strong relationships with reporters across media categories of top-tier, business, healthcare, consumer and technology, to name a few
- Significant experience providing thought leadership and counsel to senior management
- In-depth experience leading spokesperson media training
- Experience leading high-performing media staffers; mentoring team members
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong decision-making skills
- Ability to multi-task in a deadline-oriented environment
- Collaborative team player
- Exceptional judgment when working with clients, teams and vendors
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
California Salary range: $180,000 – $245,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.