Account Director, Media Relations – Healthcare
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
We Are Seeking
We are seeking an Account Director to join our Media Relations team within our Health Practice. As a Director, you will be responsible for managing client, media and inter-agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our Health practice.
You will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team as it relates to earned media . You will supervise major pieces of business and team members. Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities, coordinating with clients’ goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members, and allocating agency resources to match client budgets.
You are also engaged with business development, strategic program planning, and the development of creative concepts. Ideally, you will have consumer health experience and a proven track record of managing branded and unbranded consumer campaigns with media and third party partnerships. The following is a general outline of primary responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Day-to-day client support and counsel
- Leading media relations efforts for team including managing junior staff
- Driving communications support around campaigns
- Working across internal and external specialists including media, digital, creative and agency partners
- Working with senior counselors on strategy
What We Are Looking For
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Can solve conflicts
- Can mobilize and motivate teams
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude for financial analysis
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
- At least 7 years’ healthcare public relations/communications experience, including an interest in working with the media
- BA or BS in Communications or in a related field
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.