Senior Associate, Media Relations – Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
Senior Associate, Media Relations, Healthcare
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Senior Associate (Senior Account Executive equivalent) for its growing healthcare practice.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with multiple diseases and conditions. The Senior Associate will work with senior and junior staff members across several teams to provide counsel and manage day-to-day work, in addition to serving as an essential client contact
You will be someone with an ability to translate client needs into project plans. You should have agency or related experience with a background in healthcare communications, including experience leading digital program elements. You will help develop engagement campaigns for a variety of healthcare clients, including pharmaceutical companies, hospitals and health systems.
What We Are Looking For/Qualifications
- 2 or more years experience in public relations at an agency or corporate in-house (healthcare experience preferred);
- Fluency and familiarity with digital and social media required;
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives;
- Experience with the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media;
- Working knowledge of important online/offline media influencers/journalists;
- Budgeting and financial management skills;
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation motivated; and
- Industries: Public Relations and Communication, Marketing and Advertising or Pharmaceuticals
- Manage account team implementation of agreed upon programs to quality standards are met and are delivered on-budget.
- Lead project management, including development and updating of tools to ensure all activities are moving forward and tracking against deadlines.
- Use traditional media, influencers and digital/latest technologies for PR programming.
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, important message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Manage event and activation logistics in different settings.
- Set and meet campaign measurement and evaluation criteria.
- Identify the development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities which allow staff members to reach their full potential.
- Support financial management for clients, including development of invoices and activity reports.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $68,000 – $78,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.