Senior Vice President, Client Experience – Healthcare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
Senior Vice President, Client Experience, Healthcare
Weber Shandwick works with some of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, communicating about some of the most pressing health concerns.
We deliver innovative, impactful work for our clients that has resulted in significant growth of the practice and earned our teams multiple awards. This success is due to our people, our relationships, a culture that inspires, an incredible team of experts in scientific communications, and an embedded digital/social team who make our clients stand out. We are also well-connected to the large Weber Shandwick network, partnering daily with clients and colleagues globally.
About the Role
We are looking for a new SVP for our healthcare practice.
This role will lead two major accounts in the New York office reporting to an EVP. This is a unique, career-enhancing role on large accounts, and an opportunity to partner with exceptional senior account leaders across the company.
This new leader’s overall responsibility is to be the day-to-day strategist for the clients, manage the overall relationship, deploy the teams in the most efficient and productive way to execute flawlessly, and be a supportive coach. The successful candidate will have experience with data and regulatory milestones along with consumer programs, and display passion, never-ending curiosity, a desire to always be better, and the ability to inspire and connect with teams across offices. They will be a hands-on leader that fits with our overall culture. We are a company of doers even at the most senior level.
- Build and nurture client relationships and grow business by providing leadership, direction and strategic guidance to colleagues, day-to-day teams and senior level clients
- Lead, develop and coach teams of 10-20 people
- Guide and inspire clients to continue expand the kinds of communications work they are doing digitally directly tied to meeting their business challenges
- Develop quality standards and ensure client satisfaction
- Draw on our total agency resources for every project, including health creative, digital and media specialists
- Educate teams to ensure that they are delivering state-of-the-art counsel and content to their clients
- Stay ahead of the shifts in the healthcare environment and provide guidance to teams and clients
- Participate in new business pitch development and/or presentations
- Participate as part of the practice leadership team on the operations of the group
- Actively engage in the culture of the agency to lead by example
- Work with peers to further the mission, goals and culture of the agency
- Mentor individuals so that they are able to achieve their professional goals
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 11+ years of experience in PR inclusive of agency experience working on large scale integrated communications campaigns
- Deep knowledge of the pharma regulatory landscape
- Experience, at an agency or in-house, managing a large pharmaceutical account (over $1 million in billings) and the keen organizational skills needed to do so. Experience on accounts that span multiple cities with integrated account teams preferred
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Great track record of success leading teams and developing talent
- Proficiency in MSOffice, advanced proficiency in PowerPoint and other presentation platforms
- An entrepreneurial spirit, strong leadership qualities, and a collaborative attitude
- Propensity to organize thinking, break down complexity and manage shifting priorities at a fast pace
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.