Senior Manager, Client Experience – Healthcare
Los Angeles, California, United States
What You Will Be Doing:
Our team is seeking a Sr. Manager with healthcare, client experience, and media expertise to serve as a senior counselor to our clients. As a Senior Manager, you will be expected to develop and execute strategic integrated communications programs that deliver results. You will be responsible for driving overall strategy and advising healthcare clients and account teams on new initiatives. You will be a conceptual thinker with exceptional organizational and prioritization skills.
In addition, you should have an agency background in healthcare communications with experience working on pharmaceutical products, biotech and/or medical devices, as well as knowledge of the media landscape and considerations in this space.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage account team implementation of agreed-upon programs, ensuring quality standards are met and desired results are delivered on-budget
- Lead project management, ensuring all activities are moving forward and are within deadlines
- Coordinate among interdisciplinary team of research, creative, digital and media strategists
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Manage client status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and website analytics trackers.
- Manage event and activation logistics in a variety of settings
- Set and meet campaign measurement and evaluation criteria
- Identify training and development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities that enable staff members to reach their full potential
- Assist in financial management for clients, including development of invoices and activity reports
What We Are Looking For:
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) healthcare communication initiatives
- Familiarity with data and regulatory milestone communications needs
- Fluency and/or familiarity with earned, digital and social media
- Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven
- Strong presentation skills, poise, and professionalism
- Industry experience in healthcare communications and/or pharmaceuticals
- At least 5 years’ experience in public relations at an agency or corporate in-house (healthcare experience required)
- The ability to manage multiple projects at various stages simultaneously.
- Be a self-starter who works well within a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary team.
- BA or BS in Public Relations, Communications, or in a related field
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
California Salary range: $100,000 – $115,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.