Senior Associate, Client Experience – Healthcare
San Francisco, California, United States
We Are Seeking
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Senior Associate for its growing healthcare practice.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients and caregivers living with various diseases and conditions. The Senior Associate will work closely with senior and junior staff members across several teams to provide counsel and manage day-to-day work, in addition to serving as a key client contact.
The successful candidate will be a strong leader with excellent writing and communications skills and an ability to translate client needs into project plans. The candidate should have agency or related experience, ideally with a background in healthcare communications, including experience helping to manage media and digital program elements. The person in this role will help develop and implement engagement campaigns for a variety of healthcare clients, including pharmaceutical companies, medical device companies, patient advocacy organizations and other life science or healthcare organizations.
What We Are Looking For/Qualifications
- 2-3 years’ experience in public relations at an agency or corporate in-house (healthcare experience strongly encouraged);
- Fluency and/or familiarity with digital and social media required;
- Experience working on multi-disciplinary (holistic) communication initiatives;
- Strong understanding of the relationship between traditional public relations and the use of current online/digital technology and social media;
- Solid working knowledge of key online/offline media influencers/journalists or media outlets relevant to consumer and trade healthcare reporting;
- Strong project management skills;
- Strong budgeting and financial management skills;
- Experience with clients and accounts that are measurement and evaluation driven; and
- Strong presentation skills, poise and professionalism.
- Public Relations and Communications
- Marketing and Advertising
- Manage account team implementation of agreed upon programs to quality standards are met and desired results are delivered on-budget.
- Lead project management, including development and updating of tools to ensure all activities are moving forward and tracking against deadlines.
- Leverage traditional media as well as influencers and digital/emerging technologies for PR programming.
- Develop a range of external and media materials including press releases, key message documents, pitches, social media content, etc.
- Manage event and activation logistics in a variety of settings.
- Set and meet campaign measurement and evaluation criteria.
- Identify the training and development needs of junior staff and provide opportunities which enable staff members to reach their full potential.
- Assist in financial management for clients, including development of invoices and activity reports.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
California Salary range: $71,000 – $81,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.