Associate, Client Experience – Healthcare
San Francisco, California, United States
The Weber Shandwick Healthcare practice is seeking an Associate to join its growing office.
What You Will Be Doing
We are seeking someone who is passionate about healthcare and making a difference in the lives of patients living with various diseases and conditions. Weber Shandwick is currently seeking an eager, detail-oriented Associate for its Healthcare Practice. The ideal candidate has experience working on healthcare media relations/campaigns, conducting traditional and social/digital media outreach and developing communications materials. Strong writing skills are a must
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, social media posts)
- Draft content to reach consumers and healthcare professionals through targeted earned, owned and paid efforts
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Deliver accurate and timely media monitoring and campaign results reports to reviewer
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, conference/event trackers
- Participate in client meetings and/or teleconferences, accurately capture meeting notes, next steps
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 1-2 years Healthcare and/or PR/Media agency experience
- Interest in healthcare and life sciences fields
- Professional demeanor
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as autonomously
- Can prioritize multiple tasks and manage time in a consistent manner
- Experience with coordinating vendors and external partners
- Some experience working directly with clients
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Experience pitching healthcare media and securing stories
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
California Salary range: $55,000 – $63,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.