Account Director, Media Relations
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking an Account Director to join our Integrated Media team within our New York Consumer Practice.
We Are Seeking
We are seeking a strong Account Director to join our Media Relations team within our Consumer Practice. You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media, and constantly immersing yourself in pop culture/trends. As a Senior Associate, you will have the opportunity to work on various top tier brands in various consumer categories.
What You Will Be Doing
- Develop a strong understanding of the client’s business and target audience, and work with strategists and creative team members to deliver solutions that meet program objectives
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect the client, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage
- Generate story ideas and topic angles, draft media materials, and pitch media to land earned coverage
- Support executive visibility efforts for clients including identifying, pitching and securing interviews and speaking engagements for C-suite
- Develop strategic messaging for clients and support creation of media plans and proposals that take an integrated approach to driving awareness with target audiences
- Provide thoughtful recommendations for content creation and distribution across multiple channels to support paid, owned and earned channels
- Support creative ideation on a consistent basis
- Serve as a role model to team members
- Participation in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Actively participate in agency development and assist with new business
- Business Acumen– align talent strategies to drive business goals
- Client Service– client focus and ability to build trust and rapport across all levels
- Proactivity – exhibit relentless pursuit for new and innovative talent strategies
- Collaboration– build strong relationships at all levels across the organization
- Critical Thinking– ask probing questions; anticipate and address critical talent gaps and needs
- Conflict Resolution– possess sound judgment and savvy in navigating and resolving complex talent and organizational issues
- 7-8 years of communications experience, preferably in an agency environment, travel and hospitality experience a plus
- Strong media relations skills and relationships
- Excellent communication/presentation skills; verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and project management skills
- A Bachelor’s degree preferably in communications, journalism, international relations, or a related field
- Social media literacy with the ability to identify and recommend social program elements
- Ability to multi-task effectively and work within tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to meet deadlines and client expectations
- Confident and comfortable presenting in front of groups
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $100,000 – $125,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.