San Francisco, California, United States
Weber Shandwick San Francisco is seeking a copywriter to help craft strategically focused and surprising creative concepts, traditional, digital & social content, and a brand voice for our clients. We’re looking for an individual who can elevate our thinking to new heights, collaborating with us to convey our clients’ messages in relevant, engaging and fresh ways. Candidates must have a passion for marketing/advertising, and your experience should include developing and executing in social media but also span print, television, radio, film, web, experiential, or other facets of communications.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Writing short and long-form copy including digital/social copy, pitch documents and a range of campaign support material.
- Helping drive overall creative direction on key clients.
- Adhering to multiple brand voices, often in the same day, to ensure consistency.
- Receiving feedback gracefully and incorporating changes from multiple people simultaneously.
- Joining, contributing to, and summarizing creative brainstorms in a way that packages and sells an idea to internal and external audiences.
What We Are Looking For:
- You love to write. No matter what the topic, you’re able to put it into words that make it real.
- You’re a creative ninja. You bring fresh thinking, elevated creativity and great ideas to every assignment.
- You develop powerful copy and have the flexibility to work on any number of other assignments – from 360° brand platforms to video, social, experiential, print, tech, and more.
- You’ll work within a creative team and collaborate actively with account managers and strategists to produce campaigns from conception to completion.
- You can juggle multiple projects simultaneously and be open to feedback and adapting to direction (while confidently outlining the rationale and choices that back your work).
- You notice grammatical errors or spelling mistakes everywhere…maybe even in this job posting. If we tell you there aren’t any that still won’t stop you from looking.
- You’ll participate in client meetings, creative brainstorms, new business, and agency development.
- 1+ years of copywriting experience in an agency or related field (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Must be self-motivated, hard working, well organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, interaction and social media
- Experience working in the automotive industry is preferred (not mandatory).
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced; we like chicken scratches).
- Bonus Skills: blogging, journalism, social community management, filmmaking, videography, editorial, art direction, design, illustration, photography
CA Salary Range: $42,000.00 – $52,000.00
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.