New York, New York, United States
Junior Analyst, Insights & Strategy:
You’re curious, organized, methodical, and proactive. You like to use substantiated data to both identify and solve problems, rather than trust your gut alone.
As the core team of global communications powerhouse Weber Shandwick, we are leveraging bleeding edge data science approaches and development tools to provide unparalleled access to unexplored insights derived from the world’s most important digital, social and e-commerce platforms.
Our clients span five continents, and their consumers are everywhere. The systems and tools we are designing will be one of a kind and unique in their value to meet the global marketplace’s current and future needs.
We Are Seeking:
We are seeking a strategic thinker with a strong analytical mind to help pulling and analysing data, and extracting deep insights using the systems and tools we are designing in-house. You will be able to leverage data to uncover insights and tell compelling stories.
The Junior Analyst, Planning & Strategy will join the New York Strategy team, to focus on delivering impactful analytics insights and research that is core to the marketing and communications of our clients.
This position will be dedicated to several of Weber Shandwick’s largest and most important client relationships and will directly report to the VP of Strategy
What You Will Be Doing:
- Contributing to complex multi-continental engagements by gathering and analyzing a large set data set.
- Analyzing and synthesizing many diverse data points, methodologies and perspectives to create differentiated analyses for our clients.
- Leveraging a variety of descriptive and inferential statistical methods to analyze data from multiple sources.
- Collaborating closely with project leads and cross-functional teams to infuse all aspects of the work with data-driven insights and measurement.
- Utilizing tools and platforms designed to automate and accelerate data collection, integration and analysis. Examples: Google Analytics, Domo, Google Data Studio, Tableau, etc.
- Generating insightful reports.
- Bachelor’s degree, with major in business or STEM preferred
- 1-3 years of full-time experience; prior marketing analytics or consulting experience is a plus
- Strong interest and capacity to translate data and research into strategic insights and recommendations
- Passion for working with data and deriving insights to answer client business questions.
- Ability to manipulate and leverage large scale data leveraging tools including but not limited to Tableau, Google Data Studio, Domo, Excel, etc.
- Experience with social listening tools such as Quid, Talkwalker, Brandwatch, and Trendkite is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in an integrated team setting.
- Experience with PowerPoint
- Strong communication (written and presentation) skills.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $50,000 – $60,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.