Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team builds brands by finding connection points in the real world. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses e.g. HSBC, Ikea, Unilever, eBay, Tinder, and Pinterest to name a few.
We earn affection, attention, affinity, and purchase by delivering value to people around the works, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle, and energy. We are known for:
- Develop data driven insights and strategies to drive measurable impact
- Creating impactful creative campaigns that tap into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
A snapshot of the role:
Based in Manchester and working alongside our award-winning PR and digital teams in a fully integrated environment, you play a key role in helping our clients tell their stories visually across multiple channels.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supported by our senior team, you design and develop creative concepts, regularly flexing your creative muscles to deliver high-quality content across a range of graphic design disciplines through brand building, campaign creation, motion and digital design on a wide sector mix covering food & drink and technology to consumer goods and healthcare.
- You are comfortable working proactively and independently and creatively support multiple projects by turning concepts into engaging creative work. Involvement in new business pitches, proposals and presentations is also key to this role and will be crucial experience when it comes to progression within the company.
- Push creative boundaries, think conceptually, and convey ideas effectively to both the wider team and our clients.
- You have a great eye for graphic design, typography and branding, with an all-round passion for design and the social/digital landscape.
- Always professional in conduct both with clients and team members
- Displays a can do, will do attitude with teams
- Be a proactive team player
- Celebrates team effort
- Invested in the development of junior team members and displays leadership through constructive and fair critique
Ideal experience required:
- Minimum 2-3 years experience working in a creative studio or an in-house design team
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite apps (knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is essential) as well as a working knowledge of the Microsoft apps (PowerPoint, Word)
- An understanding of the animation and the motion design process
- A strong understanding of social platform best practices to create compelling and sharable content that consumers will engage with
- Ability to brainstorm, moodboard to enable you to showcase and develop new creative concepts
- Solid communication skills, showcasing the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the design team – and the wider agency team – to apply design in a range of creative campaigns that stand out and engage target audiences.
- Good presentation skills, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to work under pressure and proactively manage time, meeting deadlines and plan and prioritise workload to ensure all tasks are completed in line with agreed deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for the latest trend or direction in design and branding
Who are we:
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses, and organisations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry.
The firm has earned more than 135 Lions at the Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Decade in 2020 and PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018.
Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group. Check out more about the team, the work, and what it’s like to work at Weber Shandwick here .
At Weber Shandwick we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and marriage and civil partnerships.
Our Values and Behaviors:
Curiosity, inclusion, courage, impact. Our work and our culture are shaped by our values:
- CURIOSITY: We cultivate curiosity and challenge convention. Because solving any problem begins with asking the right questions
- INCLUSION: We foster teams and environments built on belonging and openness to possibility. Because the best ideas have no bias
- COURAGE: We stand up for what we believe in. Because being comfortable with the uncomfortable is how progress is made
- IMPACT: We strive to make a meaningful difference in everything we do. Because we owe it to our people, our clients, and the world
What’s in it for you:
- JUICE – Our flexible working model
- 25 days annual leave + birthday and festive period off
- Personal pension plan
- Early finish Fridays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Private dental insurance
- Gym discounts
- Health cash plan
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Flexible life insurance
- Critical illness insurance
- Buy & sell holiday!
- Private pension plan
- Travel Insurance
- Private medical
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.