Copywriter – Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
Copywriter – Healthcare
We Are Seeking
We are seeking a talented Copywriter to join our team in New York. Healthcare creative is often seen as boring and conservative. We work every day to disrupt that theory. But it takes a special type of creative.
You’re someone who:
- Loves to be challenged
- Gets to the point – fast
- Is a team player
- Thinks outside the box
- Is ready to raise their hand
What You Will Be Doing:
- Crafting overall campaign messaging direction, maintaining consistency.
- Writing short- and long-form copy, including concept manifestos, digital/social copy, video scripts, pitch documents and a range of campaign material.
- Developing and adhering to multiple brand voices.
- Collaborating with the greatest minds across the network.
- Joining client meetings, brainstorms and planning sessions for ongoing projects.
- Building and maintaining strong rapport with creative team colleagues, client leads and project managers.
- Cultivating an inclusive culture as part of a team that values trust, honesty, and team accountability toward defined goals and results.
- 1-3 years of copywriting experience in a related agency, department or industry (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations).
- An interest in the healthcare/pharmaceutical space.
- Must have a portfolio (share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced).
- Be curious, self-motivated, hard-working, well-organized and resilient amid ever-changing timelines, requests and deliverables.
- Ongoing drive to learn and incorporate new and emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media.
- Advanced knowledge of brand development, marketing/advertising and the creative process.
- Knowing what makes for compelling work – be it on social platforms, in video, or in launch ideas that get talked about, reported on and pointed to by other agencies with an “I wish we’d thought to do that” envy.
- Ability to effectively communicate through any medium (a script, a tweet, a pin, a manifesto, a speech).
One Last (Important) Thing:
Please share your portfolio when you apply. It doesn’t need to be fancy and it doesn’t need to have published work – we just want to see what you’ve done.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $60,000 – $80,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.