Senior Associate, Media Relations – Consumer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
SENIOR ASSOCIATE — MEDIA RELATIONS
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Integrated Media team in Toronto. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands – and has fun while doing it!
We’re looking for a team player to help us tell compelling stories for our clients through innovative and integrated earned, owned and paid media strategies. You love the thrill of the pitch, building relationships with media and influencers, and constantly immersing yourself in social media, culture and technology trends to drive impact for brands.
With 2-3 years of experience, you’ll help us create campaigns that drive earned media coverage and activate influencer and social programs that generate meaningful and measurable results.
If you’ve got a passion for PR, here’s an opportunity to grow your career at a forward-thinking, award-winning and global leading integrated communications agency. Weber Shandwick Canada is PRovoke Media’s Canadian Agency of the Year, IABC Canadian Large Agency of the Year (five years running), and boasts the most exciting client list of any agency in the country.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Help develop and execute innovative and award-winning integrated PR campaigns for major Canadian and global brands
- Work with the Integrated Media team and client leads to support the development and execution of social media and influencer strategies and proposals
- Identify and build relationships with media, influencers and content creators to bring our clients’ stories to life through trusted and relatable voices
- Identify new outlets and platforms, and creative ways to propel earned-first storytelling for our clients
- Monitor media outlets, understand industry issues that directly and indirectly affect our clients, and analyze and distill meaningful insights from media coverage and social conversations
- Monitor issues and help develop strategic messaging for clients’ issues and reputational risks
- Develop and track meaningful KPIs to measure success of campaigns and return on investment for our clients
- Participation in office-wide initiatives, seminars and meetings to further professional learning and development
- Approximately 2-3 years of experience, ideally in an agency, communications or marketing environment
- Digitally savvy, with a good understanding of the overall media and social media landscape
- Proven ability to garner coverage and conversation on behalf of brands, organizations, companies or other institutions
- Familiarity with media and/or influencer databases, journalist-led tools and resources
- A working style that is self-motivated, well-organized and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests and deliverables
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
- A degree in communications or a related discipline
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- RRSP (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – $50 monthly cell phone reimbursement
- MyDays – Flexible time off
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.