Vice President, Client Experience – Consumer
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Vice President, Client Experience (Consumer & Corporate)
Are you a dynamic leader with an entrepreneurial spirit with a proven track record of successfully managing large complex accounts? Do you thrive on building meaningful relationships with your clients, teammates and partners? Are you obsessed with being proactive and delivering results? If you answered yes to the above, we are looking for YOU!
We are seeking a Vice President (10+ years of experience) to join our team in Toronto. This is a key leadership role that will oversee a large (and very fun) account with multiple workstreams. You’ll help build and lead a team that delivers across media relations, influencer marketing, social media, events, corporate communications, executive equity, crisis communications and more! Maybe you’re an expert in all these areas – or maybe not – but you’re an ace at understanding a client’s needs, structuring the work, and mobilizing and motivating the talent needed to deliver results.
We’re looking for someone who can build strong relationships across an organization, manage multiple projects and lead and inspire a high-performing team. You are someone who leads with empathy and isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and get into the work when your team needs you.
If you’ve got a passion for PR, here’s an opportunity to advance your career at a forward-thinking, award-winning and globally leading integrated communications agency. Weber Shandwick Canada is PRovoke Media’s Canadian Agency of the Year, IABC Canadian Large Agency of the Year (five years running) and boasts the most exciting client list of any agency in the country. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes some of Canada’s most iconic and beloved brands – and has fun while doing it!
- Serve as the primary account lead, day-to-day counsel and trusted advisor to stakeholders across our clients’ organization.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of our clients’ businesses, anticipate their needs and be their go-to for guidance and problem solving.
- Work with clients to translate their needs into meaningful and actionable briefs and communicate expectations/goals to your team – planning and activating the work across our integrated media, creative, insights and project management teams.
- Be accountable for the delivery of innovative high-quality work – maintaining consistency across the account.
- Manage account financials and contribute to driving growth – ensuring team billability and account profitability.
- Lead financial planning/forecasting and work with agency operations teams to determine short- and long-term staffing and talent needs.
- Contribute innovative ideas for client and new business work – inspiring ideation amongst team members.
- Develop positive relationships with partner agencies and work collaboratively as part of integrated agency teams – always working toward the best possible outcome for our clients.
- Lead an integrated account team comprised of both direct reports, as well as members of other teams across the agency.
- 10+ years of communications experience, ideally in an agency setting
- Experience leading and growing large complex accounts
- Excellent knowledge of the Canadian media and social landscape
- Are both a creative and a strategic thinker
- A track record in building strong client relationships and leading teams that deliver results
- Proven leadership skills, with the ability to inspire a team by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, and leading by example
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- RRSP (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – $50 monthly cell phone reimbursement
- MyDays – Flexible time off
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.