Senior Manager, Data Science
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Weber Shandwick is seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer to join our team in Canada. You will be joining a team of business strategists, data scientists and data engineers to build innovative data solutions.
The Senior Data Engineer will design, build, test, implement and maintain data solutions that support clients’ Enterprise Analytics. The incumbent will work with multiple technology partners to provision and maintain a data infrastructure used for media analyses. The role will work closely with business analysts and data scientists to ensure the platform meets business demands.
- Collaborate with data scientists, business strategists and data engineers to design and implement cloud-based data solutions.
- Build and maintain efficient pipelines that process and analyze large volumes of data, ensuring data quality, reliability, and scalability.
- Develop custom ETL code to extract, transform, and load data from various sources into the data warehouse.
- Optimize and fine-tune data processing workflows to improve performance and reduce processing time.
- 5+ years of experience as a Data Engineer using proven, industry-leading cloud platforms such as AWS, GCP, and Azure
- Proficiency coding in Python, R or equivalent and SQL
- Experience developing sophisticated data pipelines using AWS EMR, Apache Spark, etc.
- Creative-minded individual, enjoys open-ended problems and challenging the status quo
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to conduct independent work and manage projects from beginning to end
- Relevant GCP or AWS certifications
- Experience with social media data and APIs
- Working knowledge of BI platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, Qlik, etc.
- Experience working in a consulting company or agency
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- RRSP (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) – $50 monthly cell phone reimbursement
- MyDays – Flexible time off
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Parental Leave Policy
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.