Vice President, Client Finance
New York, New York, United States
VP, Client Finance
Reporting to EVP, Global Client Finance.
Candidate will be a solution-oriented business partner to Key Global Account & Project Management Teams. She/he will be the trusted advisor on evaluating and reporting issues that require corrective action on both P&L & B/S. She/he will provide financial clarity, ensure business processes are adhered to and that the client business is meeting its financial goals. VP, Global Client Finance will work closely with client side as well as internal Weber Shandwick constituents to grow the business as well as mitigate business risks through improved visibility and control.
• Scale client finance NA process on key major accounts on a global/regional level with partnership and collaborations from the local offices
• Own the management of the monthly & quarterly financial reports describing results to date, forward projections compared to projected quarter and budgeted annual performance, including commentary around noticeable trends; communicate and set expectation on the risks and opportunities in the forecast & mitigate business risks through improved visibility and control
• Establish & maintain ongoing client side procurement and finance relationship and provide senior level financial advisory and guidance to our internal client team
• Provide guidance and strategic advisory on new business commercial proposals on key accounts
• Lead & train the client finance team on how to maintain internal revenue tracker and drive monthly revenue review process for % effort complete in partnership with client service team
• Drive effort in simplifying internal financial processes with the goals of clarity and actionable business insights in mind
• Create and drive reports that help identify areas of improvement across accounts; suggest improvements that would drive improvement beyond one account (e.g.over/under service, missing time, revenue risk and staffing plans)
• Provide financial onboarding to dedicated account staff to help educate on client deal terms and with financial literacy
• Drive cross functional staff training on internal/and or external systems and procedures
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting with 10 – 15 years of experience
• Advanced knowledge of financial systems (SAP preferred) and Microsoft Excel
• Deep understanding of financial accounting, P&L, Balance Sheet management and revenue recognition methodologies
• Ability to get to the root cause of an issue, problem solve for the long term but happy with iterations of solutions of the in-between
• Ability to effectively mentor and manage finance directors and managers
• Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills
• Consulting & client service oriented mindset and ability to foster positive working relationships both externally and internally
• Comfortable working in a complex, matrix environment and demonstrated ability to manage multiple stakeholders’ expectations
• Strong financial analysis and planning skills; demonstrated strong business acumen
• CPA or public accounting experience is a plus
• Professional services industry experience preferred
About Weber Shandwick
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact, and financial communications.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Pay Range $130,000 -170,000
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.