Associate Creative Director – Consumer
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Associate Creative Director / AD
Do you like candy and gum and ice cream and dogs and cats? If you’re nodding, and you’re into making stuff that makes an impact, then you might be a great ACD on one of our teams at Weber Shandwick. We’re in the business of making our client’s brands famous, with in-culture work that makes a mark and gets people talking. Think shoes you can unwrap like a candy bar. Chewed gum auctioned off as must-have necklaces. A Postmates pop-up resto for pups. You get the gist.
The brands and briefs run the gamut. You’ll ideate, and you’ll also lead teams. You might need to jump in on a comp. Point is, you’ll be a doer AND a driver that pushes the work forward. And you’ll probably also need to talk, sell, and be kind to clients. They’re pretty nice.
What You Will Be Doing
- Developing and delivering creative ideas that make our clients and their brands famous
- Generating breakthrough work that can live across platforms – and inspiring others to do the same
- Backing up your work with smart, strategic choices
- Guiding, teaching and mentoring junior members of the creative team
- Staying looped with your CD for temp checks, alignment, and guidance
- Questioning, pushing, and providing feedback on briefs and asks
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations or related field
- 5+ years of experience in a creative leadership role and managing a creative team (advertising, digital, social media, publishing/content or public relations)
- Must be self-motivated, hard working, well-organized, thick skinned and resilient to ever-changing timelines, requests, and deliverables; must not be afraid to confront problems
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, digital design trends and philosophies in marketing, technology, earned ideas; interaction and social media
- A clear understanding of what an “earned Idea” is
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and timely, helpful feedback to improve creative processes and to keep work on budget/schedule; be aware of your deadlines and how to get there
- Excellent presentation and communication abilities, internal and external
- Ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short and long-term needs
- Proven mentoring and team-building skills
- Experience leading creative for large brands is preferred
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.