Senior Manager, Client Experience – Healthcare
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Senior Manager – Healthcare
The Weber Shandwick Canada Office is currently seeking an Senior Manager for its healthcare clients, focused on leadership of multiple healthcare accounts.
The SM is responsible for managing client and inter-agency relationships, playing a critical role in determining the future and long-term success of our healthcare clients. The SM will be responsible for all aspects of a client relationship and account team. Responsibilities include recommending programs and activities, coordinating with clients regarding goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members and allocating agency resources that match client budgets. SM are also engaged with, strategic program planning and the development of creative concepts. The ideal candidate will have pharma/healthcare subject matter expertise and a proven track record of managing campaigns.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Client lead for relationship building, exchange, counsel and thought leadership
- Facilitating integration efforts with other agency partners
- Driving communications support around reputational challenges
- Working across internal specialists including media, digital and creative
- Working with senior counselors on strategy
- Project management, budgeting and billing
- Experience in communicating with healthcare professionals and knowledgeable about healthcare media channels
- Experience developing relationships with third party organizations (PAGs), healthcare professionals, patients and caregivers, and in attending external meetings and events representing the agency and/or client (medical conferences, third party, events, etc.)
- Knowledge of Canada’s regulatory environment and experience as it relates to health-related products (PAAB, ASC, Health Canada)
- Possess a thorough command of the social media and the digital world, including a firm understanding of the current Canadian regulatory environment for pharmaceutical companies
- 5-6 years of agency experience with a focus on corporate/health brands and the pharma industry
- Proven ability to turn ideas into workable plans
- Capacity to convey ownership of assigned projects to junior team members
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent oral and written business communication skills
- Aptitude for financial acuity and facility in managing budgets and forecasts
- Can complete challenging projects within set parameters
- Exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Commitment and dedication to the agency’s success as well as individual career
- Can anticipate client and team needs
- Attention to detail and quality
- Instills confidence with clients and colleagues
- Passion for creativity, innovation and excellence in delivering quality client work
- Ability to navigate with competing demands and thrive on deadlines in an environment where every day is different and exciting
- Extremely organized and process driven
- Team player that is strong in delegation and firm in managing programs and colleague deliverables
- Knowledgeable about the pharmaceutical industry and invested in current affairs
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- Short-Term Disability
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.