Senior Associate / Account Manager
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real works. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the works, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impact creative that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
Weber Shandwick Scotland is looking for an experienced, ambitious, and energetic Senior Associate or Manager to join our team and support some of our most exciting clients.
We are proud to work with leading global and local businesses, including HSBC, IKEA, Unilever, eBay, Tinder, and Pinterest.
What will you be doing?
- Working on a range of accounts across consumer, B2B and corporate disciplines
- Media relations including copywriting features, thought leadership and releases
- Working with traditional and new influencers, from journalists to bloggers creating compelling social content plans
- Monitoring and evaluating coverage to demonstrate results and impact for our clients
- Identifying opportunities
- Digital media management including content creation and supporting our specialist teams with influencer engagement
- Working with agency colleagues all over the world to add creativity and insight to our clients’ strategies
- Supporting the creation of strategic communications plans
Who are you?
- A communications professional with experience working in-house, in agency or in the media
- A self-starter with a thirst for learning about new fields
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to build trust / rapport with colleagues and clients quickly
- Solid writing skills across various styles including news, features and social
- ‘Self-starter’ who will take responsibility for getting things done without being micro-managed
- A team player who takes responsibility for developing junior staff
- Super-organised: knows what needs to be done and when, and makes it happen
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Personal pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buy or sell holiday
- Additional life assurance cover
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Gym discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working with our 3:2 hybrid work model
- 4pm Friday finish
- Equivalent of $250 USD for new joiners on 6 month + contract to support home working setup
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days, birthday day off work and Christmas period off
- Flexible public holidays (from 2023)
- Sweets and snacks in the office
- Exclusive shopping discounts and perks
- Headspace membership
- Annual eyecare voucher
- Season ticket loan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Long service bonus
- Enhanced family leave
- Inclusive and invisible health policies
Note from the Talent Team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.