Business Development and Marketing Manager
London, England, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real world. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses eg HSBC, Unilever, ebay, Tinder and Pinterest to name a few.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the world, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impactful creative campaigns that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
We are excited to announce we are looking for a Marketing & Business Development Manager to join the UK Business Development team, supporting with activity across the UK.
This is an important role to help drive the new business and marketing efforts across the region, ensuring greater collaboration and shared best practice. A key contribution will be helping drive dynamic revenue growth by building consideration with UK and EMEA-based and headquartered brands.
You will be reporting into the SVP, Business Development and working closely with Business Development and Marketing Teams across the UK, EMEA and US.
What will you be doing?
- Content creation (creds, thought leadership, events,)
- Collaborate with EMEA Marketing & new business teams to understand what works in local markets and join up the team for best practice sharing sessions
- Work with wider team to effectively leverage marketing assets (hospitality/events) to ensure strong business building relationship management with strategic prospects.
- Take the lead and offer support with writing, updating and formatting credentials, case studies and blogs
- Responsible for activating global marketing content locally
- Work with other IPG agency marketing contacts on shared initiatives and provide updates
- UK Marketing representative; ensuring the US team are kept up to date with UK activity
- Work with London / UK / EMEA / Global teams on social media, website and intranet initiatives
- Support SVP, BD with the new business strategy across the UK
- Generally supporting pitches and delivery; taking a hands-on pitch management role, where needed, for major new business opportunities (proactive and in-bound)
- Oversee the co-ordination of inbound new business opportunities and manage the timely handover to practice leaders and senior staff, working with the relevant client & new business teams as needed
- Ensure strong and productive new business development relationships with IPG, McCann WorldGroup and IPGDXTRA
- Maintaining relationships across the relevant stakeholders e.g. agency intermediaries and business development consultancies
- Line manage Junior BD Associate, supporting across reporting and managing the CRM system
Who are you?
- The ideal candidate will likely have solid previous experience in a business development function (exposure to or additional marketing experience would be beneficial) within an integrated communications environment and be comfortable co-ordinating markets
- Can get under the skin of the brief and boss the pitch process, keeping people to time and budget
- Always on mindset to act fast and directly when required
- Fostering relationships across the agency, IPG and prospect landscape
- Maintaining overview of the UK new business pipeline, proactively reporting on progress and updates (with support of team assistant)
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Personal pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buy or sell holiday
- Additional life assurance cover
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Gym discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working with our 3:2 hybrid work model
- 4pm Friday finish
- Equivalent of $250 USD for new joiners on 6 month + contract to support home working setup
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days, birthday day off work and festive period off
- Flexible public holidays
- Sweets and snacks in the office
- Exclusive shopping discounts and perks
- Headspace membership
- Annual eyecare voucher
- Season ticket loan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Long service bonus
- Enhanced family leave
- Inclusive and invisible health policies
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.