Assistant Managing Editor – Healthcare
New York, New York, United States
Assistant Managing Editor, Health – New York
We are seeking a dynamic and motivated Health science writer, editor, and content strategist to work with a team of writers, strategists, creatives, account directors, and clients on behalf of our major Healthcare clients.
This person will work with internal team members and clients to determine client objectives and develop and activate a comprehensive, multi-channel content strategy to meet those goals. An ideal candidate will have a passion for telling strategic and creative stories on deadline and be familiar with digital storytelling across earned, owned, and paid media — subject matter expertise in Health and experience with client relations is preferred.
The Ideal Candidate Would Have:
- 7-10 years of editorial experience at a Healthcare media or online publishing company, agency or in-house communications team
- A proven track record of working under daily, weekly, and monthly deadlines
- Excellent editing, writing, and grammatical skills
- A keen sense of news value and editorial judgment, especially in the Healthcare beat
- Subject matter expertise in Healthcare and pharmaceutical sectors is preferred
- Ability to develop content strategies, including setting goals, determining audiences, performing research and competitor audits, choosing channels, and creating editorial calendars
- Ability to develop creative story ideas and an eagerness to execute them
- An unmistakable ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills and the ability to identify concerns and issues
- Ability to work collaboratively with various teams and provide mentorship to junior team members
- Can communicate effectively with clients and internal team members
- Can demonstrate a thorough understanding of web publishing from site structure to overseeing asset management, from editing copy to producing content on publishing platforms
What You Will Do:
- Develop strategic and creative editorial plans that display an understanding of our Healthcare client business goals/objectives, deliver impact/success, and push our clients, team, and work to the next level.
- Analyze Healthcare client objectives and audiences to determine content channels and types; develop editorial workflows, calendars, and analytics reports.
- Generate and help produce Healthcare content (blog posts, executive thought leadership, social posts/calendars, email/website copy, podcast/video scripts and whitepapers).
- Build client relationships across our Healthcare portfolio and help clients solve complex challenges.
- Oversee a team of Health Editors, ensuring strategic/creative oversight of their work and taking responsibility for their financial results and professional growth.
- Drive organic growth within accounts by proactively delivering editorial ideas and thinking.
- Coordinate with other departments and teammates, such as creative, media buying, social media, and more.
- Play a crucial role in staffing/resourcing of Health Editorial projects.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $100,000 – $126,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.