Corporate PR Intern (Summer 2023)
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a rock star summer intern to work on the NYC Enterprise team, which covers a range of corporate, financial services, social impact, and tech clients.
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s interns become an important part of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning work. During the internship, you’ll work on campaigns for iconic brands and companies you likely encounter every single day, among other things.
What’s in it for you? Our interns will earn practical experience as fully integrated members of account teams and will receive coaching from team members and other Weber Shandwick colleagues to help advance your career goals.
More about the position:
What you’ll do all day:
- Create: Craft written communications including media materials, compelling social content, memos, and risk assessments
- Research: Examine brands, industry trends, and various issues using various resources
- Analyze: Answer questions, provide insights, and propose recommendations using quantitative and qualitative data
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Plan: Assist in event coordination and logistics
- Hustle: Pitch stories to media, develop media lists, track placements, etc.
- Monitor: Track brands and issues in traditional and social media and analyze conversations; draft reports summarizing conversation to inform client strategies
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Thought: Strong critical thinking and analytical skills; growth mindset
- Communication: Speak, write, and edit succinctly
- Digital: Have an understanding of all the old-school and latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them, and what they should do next
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires, and multi-task. Work fast and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work are critical
- Technical: Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite. Familiarity with platforms like Factiva, Cision, Muckrack, Meltwater, Talkwalker, Brandwatch, Quid, and/or LexisNexis are a plus
- Dynamic: You must be able to work in a fast-paced agency environment and juggle multiple time-sensitive tasks
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart and what motivates you
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: All new hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your time with us amazing
- Built-in mentorship: You’ll be invited to panels and workshops to learn from the greatest in the industry, as well as receive mentoring and guidance from your direct manager
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a full-time position
- A paycheck: Interns are paid hourly
- The ideal candidate must be a college graduate by the start of the internship or have demonstrated transferrable skills
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week starting June 2023
NYC Salary range: $15.00
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.