Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real world. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses e.g. HSBC, Unilever, eBay, Tinder and Pinterest to name a few.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the world, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle, and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impactful creative that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
Weber Shandwick Scotland works with clients all over the world to help them find new and engaging ways to tell their stories. Driven to stay ahead of the pack, we are at the very cutting edge of creativity and design, delivering integrated campaigns that change the way we see the world.
We’re seeking a high potential Designer who embraces change and thrives in fast-paced, dynamic and exciting studio environment to join our creative team. Based in Glasgow and working alongside our award-winning PR and digital teams in a fully integrated environment, you’ll play a key role in helping our clients tell their stories visually across multiple channels.
Supported by experienced leaders, you’ll be asked to flex your creative muscles to deliver high-quality content across a range of graphic design disciplines covering branding, print, motion and digital. Our diverse client list covers everything from food & drink and transport to science and healthcare. You will find yourself involved in projects through brand building, campaign creation, editorial design, animation and film.
What you will be doing:
- develop creative concepts and designs regularly flexing your creative muscles to deliver high-quality content across a range of graphic design disciplines.
- craft creative solutions to projects through brand building, campaign creation, print and editorial design, motion and digital design across a wide sector mix covering food & drink and transport to science and healthcare.
- push creative boundaries
- think conceptually and convey ideas effectively to both the wider team and our clients.
- you have a great eye for graphic design, typography and branding, with an all-round passion for design and the social/digital landscape.
Who are you?
To succeed in this role, you’ll need a minimum of 2 years’ experience of working within a studio or an in-house design team, with an eye-catching portfolio of work to showcase.
This role is ideal for someone who likes to push creative boundaries, think conceptually and convey ideas effectively to both the wider team and our clients. Candidates will naturally have a great eye for graphic design, typography and branding, with an all-round passion for design and the social/digital landscape.
A head full of ideas is crucial and an extensive knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop & Adobe Illustrator), is essential. A good knowledge of After Effects and the motion design process is also required. We will top up your existing skills with a personalised training and development programme.
Ideal experience required:
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a creative studio or an in-house design team
- An impressive portfolio displaying a diverse range of projects and creative ideas
- Solid knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite apps (knowledge of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator is essential) as well as a working knowledge of the Microsoft apps (PowerPoint, Word)
- A strong understanding of the animation and the motion design process
- Good understanding of social platform best practices to create compelling and sharable content that consumers will engage with
- Ability to brainstorm, moodboard to enable you to showcase and develop new creative concepts
- Great communication skills, showcasing the ability to collaborate with colleagues across the design team – and the wider agency team – to apply design in a range of creative campaigns that stand out and engage target audiences.
- Strong presentation skills, both internal and client-facing
- Ability to work under pressure and proactively manage time, meeting deadlines and plan and prioritise workload to ensure all tasks are completed in line with agreed deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and an eye for the latest trend or direction in design and branding
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Personal pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buy or sell holiday
- Additional life assurance cover
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Gym discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working with our 3:2 hybrid work model
- 4pm Friday finish
- Equivalent of $250 USD for new joiners on 6 month + contract to support home working setup
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days, birthday day off work and Christmas period off
- Flexible public holidays (from 2023)
- Sweets and snacks in the office
- Exclusive shopping discounts and perks
- Headspace membership
- Annual eyecare voucher
- Season ticket loan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Long service bonus
- Enhanced family leave
- Inclusive and invisible health policies
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, down to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search
Weber Shandwick is an Equal Opportunities Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.