Design Intern (Summer 2023)
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Design Intern (Summer 2023)
We are passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table.
As part of a dynamic content creation team, our Design Intern will work with all members, including senior leadership, creative directors, designers, art directors, copywriters and producers. From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution—during the program, you will work on iconic brands that you likely encounter every single day.
What’s in it for you?
As an Intern, you will earn practical experience as a fully integrated member of the creative team and will receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals.
How to apply:
Candidates are required to submit the following supplements. Incomplete applications will not be eligible for consideration.
- Portfolio link or relevant work samples via PDF, Google Slides, or a similar platform. Share anything that conveys the way you think or approach assignments, even if it was never produced.
More about the position:
What you’ll do on a daily basis:
- Develop: Take a project from concept to design with supervision, translating direction from creative directors and senior designers.
- Solve: Meet or exceed strategic objectives with creative solutions and critical thinking.
- Create: Assist with design for website concepts, social content, signage, storyboards, infographics, new business presentations and more.
- Design: Utilize your understanding of design principles such as composition, color theory, typography, etc.
- Engage: Participate with creative team personnel, account managers and project managers in a respectful work environment.
- Explore: Understand and engage emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design and technology.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Thinking: Give us out of the box thinking and never shy away from thinking big.
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next.
- Communication: Express your ideas succinctly and in a compelling, professional manner.
- Management: Meet deadlines, work fast and multi-task.
- Detail-oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and concise work is a must.
- Technical: Proficient knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Microsoft Powerpoint, and Microsoft Word.
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment.
- Inquire: Must be confident enough to ask questions and be willing to offer alternative solutions as needed.
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: All new hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to helping you learn and grow throughout your time at Weber Shandwick.
- In-person training and coaching: You’ll be invited to workshops and ongoing training to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry.
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Designer position.
- A paycheck: Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week.
- Student, recent grad, or related experience: Rising senior (4-year program), recent graduate, or have demonstrated transferable skills.
- Availability: 40 hours a week
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.