Junior Associate, Client Experience
New York, New York, United States
*Verizon Adfellows Applicants Only*
Weber Shandwick is seeking a Junior Associate to join our team in the New York office.
As a Junior Associate, you will be part of a dedicated and engaged team that creates smart marketing and communications solutions for clients. You will provide support for multiple client engagement teams and be responsible for media relations services, writing, research and account management assistance. You will develop a strong understanding of our client’s business and target audience to ideate and execute integrated digital and earned-media campaigns.
The ideal candidate is a motivated, proactive team member who possesses excellent attention-to-detail and strong communication and writing skills. The candidate will have experience in PR/journalism and a passion for healthcare and consumer categories such as apparel, beauty, consumer packaged goods, home, and entertainment.
- Draft documents, develops cross-functional team briefs and assist with day-to-day account management
- Develop media materials (press releases, pitch emails, reporter backgrounders, bylined articles)
- Develop targeted media lists, media audits, and learn/follow clients’ priority media: top-tier, trade, social influences
- Maintain and update media monitoring, campaign results, status reports, including material trackers, conference/event trackers independently and in a timely manner
- Prepares for and participates in client meetings, including accurately capturing notes, agenda action items, call recaps, updating trackers, timelines and status documents
- Coordinate ongoing project timelines across sister agencies within TWSC
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 0-1 years within similar industry (e.g., PR, digital, ad agency, etc.) and/or consumer or healthcare experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Resourceful and effective problem solver
- Confident presenter and persuasive speaker
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial and endlessly curious
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Sound business and professional ethics
- Ability to build trust and rapport with the client and team across all levels
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $42,000 – $42,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.