Junior Art Director, Consumer
New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is seeking a dynamic and motivated Junior Art Director to join our growing creative team. We are looking for someone with the right combination of self-motivation, conceptual approach, and the artistic skills necessary to create, sell and execute impactful ideas for our clients. You will be creating videos, social content, activations and experiences for our clients. A passion for type and design, the ability to visually convey your ideas through beautiful comps, and an appreciation for brand consistency must be in your DNA.
- Develop original concepts with the intention of sparking conversation and engagement in media
- Collaborate with copywriters, producers, creative directors and other team members to flesh out the creative development of your executions
- Create designs and layouts, establishing the look/tone/feel for campaigns and executions, and convey ideas through well-designed presentations
- Translate video story ideas into visual sequences through storyboards, mood boards, etc.
- Present your own creative work internally to teammates
- Assist creative leads in organizing, attending and directing external agency partners in still and video production
- Ensure all creative adheres to brand guidelines
- Maintain strong working knowledge of product features and benefits
- Incorporate feedback from Creative Directors, teammates, clients and legal department with precision and a positive attitude
- Must have a portfolio (may include spec work, college work and design examples)
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and accurately within all required aspects of the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) as well as presentation software such as Keynote and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with After Effects, Figma and/or Sketch
- Ongoing drive to understand emerging techniques, trends and philosophies in design, technology, interaction and social media
- Willingness to push creative boundaries
- Able to prioritize and manage own time
- Work well across various teams
- Art education in advertising design and conceptual thinking is preferred
- Strong decision-making skills
- Aptitude for being well organized
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Resourceful, entrepreneurial and inclusive
Weber Shandwick is a leading global marketing and communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world.
We push beyond category convention, pairing data-driven insights with creative prowess to deliver game-changing ideas that earn attention and drive business impact. We have a deep bench of talent across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications.
Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $45,000 – $55,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.