Influencer Relations Intern (Summer 2023)
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a summer intern to join our influencer relations team in in Detroit. As part of the team, you will support paid influencer activations, working closely with teams across the earned and digital spaces. You will be responsible for identifying content creators, assisting with content planning, participating in brainstorms, tracking campaign metrics, and staying up-to-date on the latest social and influencer trends/news.
We are looking for someone who works well in a team environment, has knowledge of today’s social platforms (TikTok, Instagram, YouTube, etc.) and strong interest in digital trends and culture.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Day-to-day support across paid influencer campaigns/activations, working closely with leads across influencer, earned, and social
- Identify fitting content creators for campaigns/activations based on project briefs and provide creator POVs to key leads
- Proactively monitor social media for unique brand opportunities, while also staying close to competitor influencer campaigns
- Stay informed of the latest automotive, influencer and digital culture trends, sharing relevant news or ideas with internal teams and clients, where applicable, for trend reports
- Participate in cross-team brainstorms for campaigns that involve paid influencers
- Support the team in the development of content plans for creators
- Assist with campaign reporting and track performance metrics for creator posts
- College senior or recent graduate with a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in communications, journalism, marketing, or a similar field required
- Ability to exercise strategic thinking, discretion, good judgement and work in a team-oriented environment
- Self-motivated and able to work in fast-paced environment, keeping up with the latest trends
- Strong attention to detail and excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Social media experience preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.