Account Director / Associate Director
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We are the only global communications agency with a footprint in Scotland and we offer a unique opportunity to work with colleagues and clients around the world while being part of a high-performing, close-knit community.
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the world with deep specialisms across the energy transition, food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, entertainment & lifestyle, and energy.
We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategy to drive measurable impact
- Creating impact creative that taps into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
We are looking for a talented Account Director / Associate Director to join our Weber Shandwick Scotland team. This is a client-facing role across a varied client portfolio – we have an exciting range of global and local organisations and will flex the client mix to suit the right candidate. The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of high-profile communications campaigns across multiple markets.
We are proud to work with the world’s largest corporations, companies, and organisations. This role offers you the same opportunity – to work with the biggest and best clients in the world.
What will you be doing?
- Developing and growing positive relationships with clients, maintaining the company’s reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Working with specialist colleagues in the integrated media, public affairs and strategy teams
- Planning and activating results-focused campaigns for a wide variety of objectives, across a number of channels
- Briefing and informing account teams, and communicating expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep the team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions
- Contributing innovative ideas for the client and new business work, and inspiring ideation among team members
- Developing and maintaining strategic relations with figures and organisations in media and business
- Driving development of tactical plans, translating strategies into tactics, and ensuring team deliverables align with strategies
- Proactively supporting and suggesting improvements to exceed clients’ expectations by leveraging industry knowledge and experience
- Getting stuck in when required – that could involve the delivery of media campaigns, copywriting and selling in
- Leading on evaluation and client reporting
- Networking and supporting business growth aims by acquiring new business leads
- Budget management and contributing to finance updates
- Managing client expectations, fulfilling KPIs, and growing accounts
- Mentoring and training Manager / Senior Manager team members
- Always professional in conduct both with clients and team members
- Displays a can-do, will-do attitude with teams
- Celebrates team effort
- Invested in the development of junior team members and displays leadership through constructive and fair critique
Who are you?
- Ideally previous PR agency experience at a similar level
- You are passionate about getting results for clients and your team
- An excellent communicator, you will build connections quickly with the people around you
- A prolific consumer of media, you’re on top of current affairs and emerging trends, allowing you to help clients anticipate issues and opportunities
- You have proven project management skills, and experience leading multiple teams, as well as interagency, to deliver work that is on brief, on time, and on budget
- Strong decision-making skills
- Experience in team management and people development
- High proficiency of digital and social media
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to ensure profitability and avoiding over-servicing
- First-rate presentation skills; accomplished at delivering successful pitches
- Curious, with a drive to integrate the latest thinking in our industry to deliver first-rate work for our clients
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Personal pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buy or sell holiday
- Additional life assurance cover
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Gym discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working with our 3:2 hybrid work model
- 4pm Friday finish
- Equivalent of $250 USD for new joiners on 6 month + contract to support home working setup
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days, birthday day off work and Christmas period off
- Flexible public holidays (from 2023)
- Sweets and snacks in the office
- Exclusive shopping discounts and perks
- Headspace membership
- Annual eyecare voucher
- Season ticket loan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Long service bonus
- Enhanced family leave
- Inclusive and invisible health policies
Note from the Talent Team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.