PR Associate Director – Consumer (12 month FTC)
London, England, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team builds brands by finding connection points in the real world. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreograph stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses such as HSBC, IKEA, Unilever, eBay, Tinder, and Pinterest to name a few.
We earn affection, attention, affinity and purchase by delivering value to people around the world, with deep specialisms across food & drink, travel & tourism, consumer tech, consumer health, automotive, sports sponsorship, entertainment & lifestyle and energy. We are known for:
- Developing data driven insights and strategies to drive measurable impact
- Generating impactful creative campaigns that tap into culture
- Creating channel and platform agnostic campaigns that grow organically
- Delivering integrated campaigns that are earned-first but deliver for paid and owned
We are looking to appoint an experienced VP (Associate Director) to join the leadership team within our Consumer practice on a 12 month FTC. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful team and take the next step up in your career at an award-winning global agency.
To be successful in this role you will be highly organised and an excellent communicator. You will have a natural motivation to deliver award-winning creative work that is original, thought-provoking and conversation starting. Alongside this, your strong leadership skills will help to develop talent within the team, delivering quality work that sets industry benchmarks. In this role, you must be able to demonstrate how you create exciting, ground-breaking consumer PR and social ideas to deliver outstanding results.
As a VP, you will have a proven track record of overall responsibility for managing a large team and budget, the ability to be one step ahead, to plan and anticipate, as well as having a great eye for detail. A key requirement for this role will be your ability to build strong client relationships and drive new business. You will be responsible for working closely with clients and account teams to lead strategic planning and overseeing innovative communication campaigns.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for strategy development, campaign development and implementation
- Day to day senior client counsel
- Experience of working on integrated campaigns and across interagency teams
- Financial responsibility: monthly planning and reconciliation
- Team leadership, coaching and developing talent
Who are you?
- Extensive Consumer PR experience to at least AD/SAD level, gained within an agency
- Strong senior client counsel / internal stakeholder counsel experience, strategic communications and business development experience
- Proven writing experience that is adaptable across channels
- Strategic, multichannel experience – ability to understand audiences and plan campaigns
- International experience is highly desirable
- Ability to manage a team – strong leadership and management skills are essential
- Crisis communications/issues management experience
- Passionate about storytelling and developing original and compelling content for clients
- Strong interest and POV on the changing landscape of PR and how people learn about and engage with brands
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Personal pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buy or sell holiday
- Additional life assurance cover
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Gym discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working with our 3:2 hybrid work model
- 4pm Friday finish
- Equivalent of $250 USD for new joiners on 6 month + contract to support home working setup
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days, birthday day off work and Christmas period off
- Flexible public holidays (from 2023)
- Sweets and snacks in the office
- Exclusive shopping discounts and perks
- Headspace membership
- Annual eyecare voucher
- Season ticket loan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Long service bonus
- Enhanced family leave
- Inclusive and invisible health policies
Note from the talent team:
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.