Payroll and Benefits Officer
London, England, United Kingdom
The UK Payroll and Benefits team are responsible for approximately 1100 employees across 13 payrolls, operating under a shared service model.
The 13 payrolls are split between the Payroll and Benefits Officer and the Payroll and Benefits Supervisor.
Payroll processing skills must be to an excellent standard alongside strong communication skills both verbally and written as you will be liaising with employees of all levels and other internal teams such as finance.
You must be able to communicate in a concise and easily understandable manner including fielding and dealing with queries and resolving any problems in a timely manner.
This role reports to the Payroll and Benefits Manager.
- Take ownership of the monthly UK Payroll administration and processing, ensuring changes are actioned in a timely and accurate manner.
- Input, update and maintain accurate employee records in the system of record, HRLink/Peoplesoft.
- Calculate starters, leavers, maternity, sick pay, paternity, and shared parental leave and pay. Inputting data, applying deductions and any additional ad hoc payments.
- Work closely with the HR teams and finance to resolve any discrepancies in payroll data.
- Ensure all payroll changes have correct approvals, following SOX procedures.
- Maintain accurate payroll reports for record-keeping purposes and ad hoc requests.
- Ensure compliance with HMRC and GDPR.
- Act as the day-to-day contact for all payroll and benefit queries.
- Maintain a strong relationship with third party suppliers.
- Production and distribution of form P11d.
- Collate monthly payroll changes and report to the benefits broker in a timely manner.
- Issue pension postponement notices and monitor auto-enrolment compliance on a monthly basis.
- Ensuring employees benefit records are up to date.
- Manage employee communications regarding company benefits.
- Escalate any important or urgent issues to the broker and ensure all matters are resolved.
- Be forthcoming with recommendations on new benefits or enhancing existing benefits.
- Ensure benefits changes are correctly processed in the monthly payroll and do monthly reconciliations.
- Liaise, reviewing and aligning benefits to employee needs and business objectives, ensuring that they are the ‘best fit’.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the broker, account managers and systems providers.
Other Duties and tasks
- Work with the team to provide a personal, professional payroll and benefits service
- Such other duties as required.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous payroll experience preferably in a shared service team.
- Strong literacy and numeracy skills.
- CIPP Foundation desirable.
- Sound experience of using Peoplesoft and ADP Globalview.
- Knowledge of HM Revenue & Customs current legislation.
- Strong MS Outlook, Excel and Word skills essential.
- Flexibility with hours over peak periods of work.
Skills and Qualities:
- The ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines, accurately and multi-task.
- Professional attitude – identifies and acts upon employee needs and able to deliver excellent client services.
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes in workload and priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- A strong team player, able to form good relationships with employees, HR and Finance colleagues and any other internal clients.
- Meticulous attention to detail to ensure accurate work.
- Demonstrates good self-motivation and uses initiative appropriately to resolve problems.
- Keen to learn and develop – demonstrates understanding of own profession and keeps abreast of relevant developments.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.