Manager, Client Experience, Consumer
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Manager, Client Experience (Consumer)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a Manager, Client Experience to join our team in Chicago to work on consumer brand clients – including some of the largest CPG brands in the country.
We are seeking a Manager who has a strong interest in media-related work with a foundation of media relations skills pitching food, lifestyle, sports, top-tier, consumer and vertical press. The ideal candidate is someone who has previous project and team management experience, loves the thrill of the pitch, can help manage the clients and teams, brings existing media relationships and is interested in building more. Familiarity with current events in the media is a must. Our team is curious, creative and constantly seeking opportunities to leverage cultural engagement.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serve as a key team member on multiple lines of business within a large portfolio, managing multiple projects at once
- Daily client communications, ongoing client counsel and clear recommendations
- Draft media materials and proof/edit client related documents. Includes: press releases, pitch notes, FAQ, client briefings, messaging documents, proposals, bylined articles, supporting social content, etc.
- Craft, present and execute integrated communications strategies for major campaigns
- Bring to life compelling ideas for clients, media and influencers.
- Coach and mentor others on the team to foster excellence, camaraderie and success
- Support and assist team members with client-related projects
- Serve as a key participant in client meetings and presentations
- Source earned media results on behalf of the client – this includes identifying appropriate contacts, writing pitches, drafting media lists, making follow up calls, etc.
- Stay current on new and existing media coverage and how/why stories travel
- Trend spotting across the client category and media landscape
- Assist with ongoing reporting, research and monitoring projects for the client
- Experience managing outside vendors/partners and troubleshooting activations
- Experience in CPG, spirits or QSR a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Strong research skills stemming from a media focused curiosity
- Ability to build trust and rapport with the client and team across all levels
- Demonstrate a proactive and forward-thinking mindset
- Integrated skill set that combines media relations, content creation and digital expertise
- Excellent collaboration and team building skills
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple jobs in a day
- Intuitive thinker who asks probing questions and anticipates and addresses needs
- Sound business and professional ethics
- Years Experience: 4-6 years of experience in similar industry
- Education: BA or BS degree in Communications or a related discipline
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.