Associate Director, Planning
Weber Shandwick is one of the world’s leading global communications and marketing solutions firms with offices in 79 cities and a network extending to 120 cities on 6 continents. In the Asia Pacific region we have 15 owned with affiliates and representative firms in other locales – spanning Greater China, Japan and Korea, India and Southeast Asia. Our heritage in Asia Pacific stretches back more than 60 years.
Weber Shandwick was named Asia-Pacific PR Consultancy of the Year 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020 by PR Awards Asia, the ICCO Regional Network of the Year Asia Pacific in 2015, 2017, 2018 and 2019, Asia-Pacific Consultancy of the Year 2017 and 2019 by Provoke and Regional Network of the Year in 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 by Public Affairs Asia. We were also named PRWeek Purpose Awards Agency of the Year 2020 and 2021, Global PR Agency of the Decade at the 2020 Global Sabre Awards by Provoke Media
More than ever, organisations need to solve for unprecedented challenges born of technology-driven disruption. We fuse global teams grounded in technology, digital innovation and analytics to help clients. As we live in an always-on world, our brand positioning reflects this need to engage with our always-on audience, just as we advise our clients to do. We inspire. We incite. We shape ideas and conversations, and we activate our global reach for local causes and multinational brands alike, and we’re always ready for more problems to solve.
CURIOSITY – We cultivate curiosity and challenge convention. Because solving any problem begins by asking the right questions
INCLUSION – We foster teams and environments built on belonging and openness to possibility. Because the best ideas have no bias
COURAGE – We stand up for what we believe in. Because being comfortable with the uncomfortable is how progress is made
IMPACT – We strive to make a meaningful difference in everything we do. Because we owe it to our people, or clients and the world
About the opportunity:
We are looking for an Associate Planning Director to lead the strategy output in Weber Shandwick China. Aside from quality strategy output, we are also looking at his “stretchability” of working on multiple disciplines of marketing communications (brand, pr, social, corporate, etc.).
This is a primary strategic planning role within an integrated team, with senior strategic planning leadership guidance. You will lead research, analytics plan, and identification of differentiating, exciting insights in closely working within the Analytics+ Intelligence team.
- A strong understanding of marketing and communication strategy to link to brand and business needs.
- Leading and being a part of the team and finalizing creative briefs with insights that can underlie strategy.
- Synergize the strength of data analysts to output strategy base on data.
- Lead strategic planning on communications for existing clients and for winning new accounts.
- Proactively on POV and strong insight on cultural trends, consumer insights and media environment.
- Expertise in earned-first thinking and approach, with the marketing and communications industry in mind is a plus.
- Build planning culture within the company.
- Establish good working relationship with clients.
- Build relationships with internal teams and external partners to drive more insightful strategies and more innovative solutions.
- 5-8 years’ experience in communication and marketing. Experience in agencies of multi-discipline is preferred (creative, social and PR etc.)
- Excellent presentation skills and the ability to influence people internally and externally.
- Ability to think creatively, strategically, strong negotiation skills, in-depth analytical skills.
- Good communication skills both ideally in English and Chinese.
- Ability to challenge the status quo and strive for continuous improvement.
- Passion in creating impactful and disruptive work.
- Sensitive to new changes and innovation, quick learning capability and strong critical thinking.
- The ability to reconstruct concepts and simplify complicated situations and processes.
- A team player, can work effectively under high pressure.
QUALITIES YOU NEED
- Resilience – ability to maintain personal effectiveness by managing emotions in the face of pressure, setbacks or when dealing with provocative situations;
- Influencing and Persuading – ability to present sound and reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change;
- Providing direction through change – open to change and responds in a flexible manner to new challenges; shares and communicates the IPG DXTRA vision with passion and clarity, articulates a compelling case for change, provides momentum when driving change, involves others in building plans for change;
- Leading creativity and Innovation – fosters imagination, creativity and experimentation, takes and promotes considered risks, celebrates creative successes and learns from failure, shows openness to alternative ways of doing things;
- Collaborating across boundaries – challenges systems, processes and people that block collaboration, connects people, ideas, processes, and issues, sets an example by sharing resources, knowledge ideas and skills across the businesses, builds helpful, productive relationships across the organization;
- Analytical thinking – able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts and be able to explore and evaluate the systematically;
- Planning and Organization – able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritizes and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources;
- Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of solutions, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt and approach as the requirements of situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organization or job requirement;
Note from the team
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Weber Shandwick is committed to building a culture where all employees are seen as equal, are respected and where all opinions are heard. We take pride in our inclusive hiring, as well as our diverse workforce and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Personal data held by Weber Shandwick relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Due to the large number of applications received, we apologize if we are unable to provide a response or feedback on unsuccessful applications. We appreciate the time taken to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.