London, England, United Kingdom
We want problem solvers.
Weber Shandwick is excited to be seeking a talented Senior Biller to join our growing Commercial Team. You’ll be instrumental in working with the team to maintain and continually improve high-quality procedures.
We are looking for a partner to our Business Managers and Assistant Business Managers in
maintaining the accurate reporting of revenue, focusing on working capital management, and
client budget reporting.
You’ll be instrumental in working with the client servicing teams to maintain end to end reporting and processing for clients overall across the business, following projects through from their inception, transaction progress, reconciliation and through to completion.
You’ll help with driving our best practice and consistent processes in the finance team, setting a best practice example for junior and inexperienced team members.
Yes, you need to be good with detail and yes, you need to be super organised. Think you’ve got what it takes? Then get in touch.
What will you be doing?
- Support the Business Managers and Assistant Business Managers across a portfolio of clients
- Attending regular meetings with client services team to review client budget tracking and any working capital risks
- Forecasting ‐ assist business managers and assistant business managers with updates and aligning
opened jobs to be reflected in the forecast spreadsheets
- Revenue Analysis – working with business manager and assistant business manager on expediting month‐end reconciliation
- Ensuring SOX compliance
- Client contracts/agreements – being aware of commercial terms in particular relation to invoicing/revenue recognition
- Support with system and process improvement
- Provide training and mentoring for junior team members in billing roles
- Ensuring billers processing of fee and expense invoices, are approved by the relevant client lead and sent out on a timely basis in line with client contracts, providing cover during junior team absences.
- Analyse the Work in Progress (WIP) between billable and non‐billable, to ensure working capital risk exposure is minimised/eliminated – alerting the business manager/assistant business manager
- Provide monthly aged WIP reports with detailed commentary on action points for internal distribution
- Work/mentor junior/less experienced team members on best practice/approach in their working capital
- Checking junior billers are setting up and closing jobs ensuring we have all the correct information to do so and checking budgets are split correctly between practices/office and being available for covering tasks during junior team absences.
- Revenue Recognition: ensuring all revenue is backed up by correct client documentation and in line with Sarbox legislation
- Checking junior team members are maintaining file of all interagency agreements (IOA’s) necessary to recognise inter agency revenue.
- Ensuring maintenance of the invoice tracker & investment code database – with assistance of junior biller.
- Providing team reports on costs Vs budget based on up to date time runs ‐ with assistance of junior biller.
- Ad hoc problem solving within the finance and billing teams
Who are you?
- Proven experience of working in a results driven billing department
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel
- Self‐motivated and energetic member of the accounts team
- Strong attention to detail with the aim of maintaining and improving quality of procedures in line with company policy
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines by having a proactive, organised and flexible approach to your work
Even better if:
- SAP Experience
- Experience working within Media/PR/Communications agency and knowledge of agency processes
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Personal pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buy or sell holiday
- Additional life assurance cover
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Gym discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working with our 3:2 hybrid work model
- 4pm Friday finish
- Equivalent of $250 USD for new joiners on 6 month + contract to support home working setup
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days, birthday day off work and Christmas period off
- Flexible public holidays (from 2023)
- Sweets and snacks in the office
- Exclusive shopping discounts and perks
- Headspace membership
- Annual eyecare voucher
- Season ticket loan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Long service bonus
- Enhanced family leave
- Inclusive and invisible health policies
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.