Junior Financial Analyst
Detroit, Michigan, United States
Weber Shandwick Detroit office is currently searching for a Junior Financial Analyst. This position provides general accounting support to the finance and account managers and is responsible for a variety of duties including corporate reporting requirements, client budget tracking and WIP management.
NOTE: This person does not have to be based in Detroit, MI.
- Work closely with account managers and project managers on WIP & budgeting monthly
- Analyze project spending and proactively raise questions/issues to account team on budget, expense, fees and staffing
- Assist in preparing top down financial reports for management
- Performing project reconciliations upon completion of work
- Assist in preparation of quarterly budget updates for both Client and sister Agencies
- Adhere to and remain up to speed on policies (SOX compliance and company policies)
- Working with the team on vendor set up in our internal Range program
- Work to ensure timely vendor invoices are received to stay within client expense policy
- Track check requests and work closely with vendors on process
- New Hire & term forms
- Assist with financial onboarding of new hires as well as existing employee including time entry, expense entry and PO & Range process.
- Monthly reporting on unbilled WIP providing status updates
- Review WIP reports, CAPS issues, unbilled time, and unbilled costs weekly
- New Client setup requests
- Opening new client jobs and invoicing
- Create & finalize inter-office agreements upon request.
- Work with staff and clients to issue match/pay billing to the client, tracking payment from client
- Assist team in securing budget approval SOWs and PO’s
- Maintain client contracts and amendments, complete forms
- Ad hoc financial reports as requested by CFO and account teams
- Monitor New Business/Admin time weekly, follow up with staff for client approval as needed
- Assist in collections as needed to maximize cash flow according to our Working Capital policy
- Audit staff expense reports to align with client travel policy for all offices working on client
- Assist with client travel portal staff set up
- Microsoft Excel skills (VLOOKUP/Pivot Tables) needed for analysis
- 0 – 2 years of experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; able to professionally and effectively communicate with business partners and clients
- Bachelor’s Degree Required (Finance or Accounting preferred)
- Excellent computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong mathematical skills
- Well organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail, ability to balance and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced environment, and a proactive disposition
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.