Account Director, Corporate
Hong Kong SAR
About the Opportunity:
An Account Director is responsible for all aspects of client relationships and account teams. They must supervise multiple projects and work effectively with team members. Other responsibilities include recommending programs and activities coordinating with client’s goals, effectively delegating projects, offering counsel to team members and allocating agency resources to match client budgets. Account Directors are also more engaged with business development, strategic program planning and the development of creative concepts.
- Serve as a senior contact for clients
- Structure long term plans and program recommendations for clients
- Earn the confidence of mid-to-senior level client contacts and other executives within a client’s organization
- Plan and implement programs; forecast and manage budgets, profitability and receivables for new and existing clients
New Business Development
- Actively participate in new business initiatives including taking a lead role in research and scoping of new business opportunities as needed
- Generate new business from existing clients and new clients by developing programs, making credentials presentations, presenting programme recommendations, and pursuing new business leads
- Have established extensive connections to top-tier local and international business media, leveraging these relationships and providing insights on these organisations for the benefit of clients
- Provide clients with nuanced counsel on media strategies in line with their needs
- Lead and work with account team to develop content and materials for client programs
- Accountable for quality control and final review of all content including client materials, correspondences, presentations, meeting reports etc.
- Able to conceive and scope editorial projects, and brief team on direction, objectives and content
- Support team head to train and motivate team members
- Strategically evaluate contributor’s strengths and assemble team accordingly
- Track team results against client’s goals
- Negotiate fees with clients/prospective clients
- Perform other administrative tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or above in Business, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or Translation
- 8+ years related professional experience, comfortable with the nature of our work
- Ability to successfully present program recommendations, and establish relationships with senior clients as a trusted advisor
- Possesses superb execution and management skills: specifically, the ability to allocate resources effectively, structure teams and deliver programs with excellence.
- Have experience in managing and grooming junior staff, advising senior clients and being responsible for delivery of programs on time and on budget with superior results
- Have a deep background and proven ability to create and manage large-scale events and communications projects
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.