New York, New York, United States
Weber Shandwick is an award-winning studio of writers, designers, producers, strategists, and storytellers. We create content for the world’s biggest global brands – go on, check out one of our highlight reels at http://www.webershandwick.com/. We seek a dynamic and motivated health science writer/editor to work with a team of designers, social media managers and content publishing experts on behalf of our primary healthcare clients. This person will work with internal team members to execute a comprehensive editorial content strategy from ideation and creation through execution. An ideal candidate will be passionate about telling strategic and creative stories on deadline and familiar with digital storytelling across earned, owned and paid media.
The ideal candidate would have:
● 2-3 years of editorial experience at a media or online publishing company,
● A proven track record of working under daily, weekly and monthly deadlines,
● Have excellent editing, writing, and grammatical skills,
● Have a keen sense of news value and editorial judgment,
● Have experience writing, reporting and interviewing,
● Have creative story ideas and an eagerness to execute them,
● Be able to write sharp, engaging copy on a variety of topics and in a variety of voices,
● Knowledge of multimedia storytelling,
● Show a clear ability to work autonomously, with solid decision-making skills and the ability to identify concerns and issues,
● Can organize and operate multi-faceted programs,
● Can communicate effectively with clients and internal team members, and
● Can demonstrate a thorough understanding of web publishing, from site structure to overseeing asset management, from editing copy to producing content on publishing platforms (WordPress, Expression Engine, etc.).
What you’ll do:
● Generate and help produce story packages (including articles, imagery, social media content and more).
● Edit and help oversee editorial calendars for websites and social channels.
● Edit stories from freelancers and others for publication on the web.
● Produce content in CMS such as WordPress.
● Manage analytics and reporting on web content.
● Contribute story ideas for multiple digital platforms, from pitch to execution.
● Coordinate with other departments and teammates, such as art, media buying, social media and more.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
NYC Salary range: $60,000 – $80,000
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.