Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Who is Weber Shandwick?
We create cultural value and help brands navigate the ever-changing age of earned: an age where consumers actively say no to advertising; an age where everyone is an influencer that can make or break your brand; an age where content can be turned into commercial opportunity. Our talented team build brands by finding connection points in the real works. We energise the right mix of talent, using the right platforms and latest technology to choreography stories that make a real and meaningful impact for some of the world’s leading brands and businesses.
The Consumer Practice at Weber Shandwick create world-class work and words got out…Our reputation for delivering engaging communications that strike up conversations between consumer and brands means we’re working with an enviable client list across a diverse range of sectors including; entertainment, consumer health, food & drink and beauty. But we won’t stop there! The team is growing and we’re looking to bring in an Associate (Account Executive) with strong media relations experience to bring the heat. As a leading global PR firm and PR Week’s #1 Consumer PR agency in 2021, we can offer you real opportunities for development and somewhere to cultivate your passion.
What will you be doing?
- Developing strong media relationships, proactively identifying and driving media opportunities which support the client’s business objectives
- Meet with key media contacts face to face to form relationships and your little black book and feedback key information
- Building relationships with influencers and working across influencer activation campaigns, as well as bigger integrated campaigns
- Drafting various pieces of content including: press releases and media alerts, media pitches and assisting the team to ensure copy is prepared, approved and submitted in line with deadlines and much more!
Who are you?
- Experience working on PR campaigns with national consumer brands
- Social media and/or digital experience – and be excited to explore the ample opportunities to develop these areas of the business
- Strong communications and client-handling skills and meticulous attention to detail
- Be happy presenting – whether internally or to a client
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Private medical insurance
- Group life assurance
- Group income protection
- Personal pension plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Buy or sell holiday
- Additional life assurance cover
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Health screening
- Gym discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Flexible working with our 3:2 hybrid work model
- 4pm Friday finish
- Equivalent of $250 USD for new joiners on 6 month + contract to support home working setup
- 25 days’ annual leave (in addition to public holidays) plus 2 volunteering days, birthday day off work and Christmas period off
- Flexible public holidays (from 2023)
- Sweets and snacks in the office
- Exclusive shopping discounts and perks
- Headspace membership
- Annual eyecare voucher
- Season ticket loan
- Referral bonus scheme
- Long service bonus
- Enhanced family leave
- Inclusive and invisible health policies
We appreciate the time take to apply for the role and your recent interest in Weber Shandwick. We will review all applications within five working days and be in touch with those who have been shortlisted to the next stage. Unfortunately, due to volume we are not able to get back to everyone individually so if you have not heard back from us unfortunately you have not been successful on this occasion and wish you all the best in your search.
At IPG DXTRA we are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.