New Business Intern (Summer 2023)
New York, New York, United States
We’re passionate about expanding the boundaries of what we offer our clients by bringing diverse perspectives to the table. Are you creative and daring? Do you have digital savvy? Do you love to collaborate and bring big ideas to life? Do you enjoy a fast-paced, idea-centric environment? Are you ready to launch your career with Weber Shandwick? We’re looking for you, the newest member of our New York Internship Program.
From creative brainstorming to day-to-day execution, Weber Shandwick’s Interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. What’s in it for you? Our New Business Intern will earn practical experience as a fully integrated member of pitch teams, working with colleagues across the U.S. to pitch and win new clients. Along the way, you’ll receive coaching from team members to help advance your career goals.
Application Deadline: Friday, February 10th, 2023
What you’ll do all day:
- Create: Craft written communications including Request for Information proposals, Q&A, briefs and more
- Research: Analyze prospective companies and brands using various resources
- Engage: Share big ideas in brainstorms and with teams
- Plan: Assist in pitch coordination and logistics
- Hustle: Proofread, pull data, build bios, track cases and more – in quick-turn response to deadlines
- Monitor: Track client prospects in traditional and social media
What we’re looking for from you:
- Thinking: Do it out of the box. Actually, it’s best if you’re wholly unfamiliar with the concept of boxes
- Digital: Know all the old school and the latest social media platforms, what brands are doing on them and what they should do next
- Communication: Speak, write and edit succinctly and compellingly
- Management: Meet deadlines, put out fires and multi-task. Work fast, and work well
- Detail-Oriented: Attention to detail and a commitment to delivering clear and precise work is a must
- Technical: Know Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Familiarity with platforms like Hootsuite, TweetDeck, Adobe Creative Suite, Sysomos, TalkWalkr a plus
- Dynamic: Ability to work in a fast-paced agency environment
- Spark: Understand what sets you apart
What you’ll get from us:
- Buddy: all new hires are paired with a buddy dedicated to making your time with us amazing
- Built-In Mentorship: access to former Interns through panels and learning sessions who can give insight into what their experience was like, and advice on making the most of your summer
- In-person trainings and coaching: You’ll be invited to workshops and ongoing trainings in-person to introduce you to the latest and greatest in the industry
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week
- Student, recent grad, or related experience: Rising senior (4-year program), recent graduate, or demonstrated transferrable skills
- Availability: 40 hours a week from June to July 2023
NYC Salary range: $15.00 – $15.00
Where an employee or prospective employee is paid within this range will depend on, among other factors, actual ranges for current/former employees in the subject position; market considerations; budgetary considerations; tenure and standing with the company (applicable to current employees); as well as the employee’s/applicant’s background, pertinent experience, and qualifications.
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.