Junior Associate, Media Relations, Consumer
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
JUNIOR ASSOCIATE, MEDIA RELATIONS
The Integrated Media practice at Weber Shandwick Boston has an exciting opportunity for a Junior Associate, Media Relations to join our team. This opportunity is perfect for a strategic, creative and organized individual, who is a fast-learner and keen observer of cultural trends. Ideal candidates should be passionate about media – both traditional and emerging – and exhibit a curiosity for new ways to engage.
As a crucial supporting role on client work, this individual will work closely with multiple cross-channel marketing and PR teams within the Boston office and across the nation to assist in the development, execution and measurement of local and national campaigns on behalf of our clients. This individual has the confidence to actively participate in client and team projects, but also the motivation to own solo projects with an intuition of when to reach out for collaboration.
- Support the strategic development of public relations and media relations plans and campaigns
- Develop written media and communications materials – from media pitches to digital content
- Pitch media and manage coverage opportunities, as appropriate
- Research media topics, cultural trends, digital influencers and reporters in support of new assignments and projects
- Liaise with clients and assist in client communications, including developing and coordinating routine account management materials, including timelines, activity reports, client documentation and project management support
- Monitor, analyze and manage client coverage reports, leveraging industry measurement and listening tools to identify opportunities for growth and strategic evolution
- Research industry trends and develop fact sheets, briefing materials and research summaries
- Staff client events (when deemed safe) and manage on-site media and influencers at local and national events
- Work with colleagues across the country to be constantly in search of ways to improve work with identify subject matter experts, media insights and other best practices
- Assist in developing executional plans and proactively offer solutions on assigned programs
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.