Senior Associate, Social Impact
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
SENIOR ASSOCIATE, SOCIAL IMPACT
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join its Social Impact team, based in Washington, DC, to play a central role in new and longstanding client engagements.
Candidates should demonstrate a passion for purpose-driven work and experience working on communications and advocacy campaign, including supporting the development of communications materials. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of the environmental, social and governance (ESG), corporate sustainability and/or global health & development landscapes, as well as the intersection of earned, paid and owned media.
The candidate will also understand the expectations on the private sector to lead – alone, or in partnership with government – to solve important national and global challenges, such as climate change and rising inequity.
Candidates must be driven, poised and team-oriented, with a demonstrated ability to learn issues quickly and communicate effectively with internal and external audiences. They must possess exceptional judgment when working with team members, clients and vendors, and experience contributing to fast-moving projects.
- Provide support to account teams to develop and implement purpose campaigns on behalf of corporate, foundation, nonprofit and association clients
- Develop communications and media materials, such as social media posts, fact sheets, media pitch emails, backgrounders and more
- Conduct research and media audits independently
- Deliver accurate and timely campaign results and monitoring reports to senior account team leaders
- Maintain and update status reports, including materials trackers, media trackers, and website analytics trackers
- Participate in client meetings and/or video/teleconferences, accurately capturing meeting notes and next steps
- Serve as a core member of the social impact team, contributing to ongoing business development and thought leadership
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 years of related professional experience
Additional Qualifications – Success Factors
- Interest and background in ESG, corporate sustainability and/or global health & development
- Proactive self-starter with a professional demeanor with strong time-management
- Ability to work collaboratively within fast-paced, highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary teams, but also manage autonomous work
- Proactive self-starter and problem-solver with meticulous attention to detail
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Resilient mindset, deep curiosity and a healthy sense of humor
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications network that delivers next-generation solutions to brands, businesses and organizations in major markets around the world. Led by world-class strategic and creative thinkers and activators, we have won some of the most prestigious awards in the industry. Weber Shandwick was named to Ad Age’s Agency A-List in 2020 and Best Places to Work in 2019. Weber Shandwick was also honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, and PRovoke’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2017 and 2019. The firm earned 25 Lions at the 2019 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity. Data-led, with earned ideas at the core, the agency deploys leading and emerging technologies to inform strategy, develop critical insights and heighten impact across sectors and specialty areas, including brand and B2B marketing, healthcare marketing, change management, employee engagement, corporate reputation, crisis management, data and analytics, technology, public affairs, social impact and financial communications. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Powell Tate is the globally-recognized, premiere, DC-based public affairs unit of the Weber Shandwick network. Built for change, we are nimble, data-driven and led by people who understand fast-changing politics, complex policy debates, emerging cultural trends, the role of third party stakeholders and digital transformation. We know the motivations that spark movements. The issues that matter most – privacy, environment, sustainability, automation, food safety and healthcare. In short: What to embrace. What to avoid. What you didn’t see coming. We solve complex business, policy and social issues. We mitigate risk and build reputation. We shape opinions and build support for issues that matter.
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.