Executive Vice President, Corporate Issues
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
EVP, Global Corporate Issues, Crisis & Issues Management
We Are Seeking
As Executive Vice President (EVP) for the Global Crisis & Issues Practice, this leader Must have extensive expertise with DE&I-related matters, as well as the ability to build coalitions across organizations and stakeholder groups to institute change The candidate will have have extensive crisis communications and issues management experience, preferably across multiple industries and across the spectrum – from brand safety, misinformation and cyberattacks to litigation, workplace culture matters and executive misconduct..
You will play an important lead role on our team, cultivating strong relationships with clients and developing new business opportunities. You will help to lead team activity and help to mentor and grow the skill sets of emerging talent in our practice. You should be digital analytics-savvy, have worked with a broad set of media, have strong writing skills, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment. You will also collaborate closely with our agency’s DEI consulting leadership to foster and grow our agency’s business in this area.
You must be an excellent people leader, client counselor and prepared to roll up your sleeves and stay close to the work. Finally, you should be curious, resourceful, and entrepreneurial.
About the Global Crisis and Issues Practice
Our New York team is a group of smart, analytical and hardworking people who care deeply about helping lead our clients through a crisis to make a positive impact on society. We are on the front lines of some of the biggest, most complex issues – and the nature of our work requires an ability and eagerness to juggle multiple responsibilities and work on multi-office client teams. You will have the opportunity to play a leading role in driving both ongoing client engagements and discrete projects.
What You Will Be Doing. Key areas of focus for this executive position include:
- Account leadership. Serve as primary or day-to-day client contact and flag, triage and manage client issues. Keep client programs on schedule and ensure all deadlines are met within set budget parameters. Anticipate client needs and instill confidence. Be accountable and responsible for the delivery of exceptional work –product.
- Growing the business. Set priorities and meeting goals for practice/discipline-level including ensuring financial and executional KPIs are met. Build a new business pipeline, including identifying new opportunities to bring to Weber Shandwick as well as growing existing relationships, particularly related to DE&I topics and matters.
- Building practice reputation. Represent Weber Shandwick externally through thought leadership and speaking opportunities. Build relationships with key practice areas internally, such as Social Impact, Crisis and Issues Management, Integrated Media, and UnitedMinds, among others.
What We Are Looking For
- Reputation building and crisis & issues communications expertise
- Consulting experience with a focus on DE&I and stakeholder engagement
- High levels of comfort managing multiple client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to grow and lead a business
- Track record of managing team members across all levels and different business units by motivating, coaching, consistently providing feedback, holding them accountable and conducting their reviews
- Able to drive results even in ambiguous situations, including quickly taking ownership of process or deliverables and navigating matrixed organizations
- Shows exceptional judgment when working with team members, client contacts and vendors
- Exhibits a strong commitment to agency and personal career success
- Consistently meets (often tight) deadlines
- Strong oral and written business communication skills
- At least 15 years’ experience of reputation or crisis and issues management – either from the perspective of an agency or a consulting firm, or within a dynamic in-house communications firm
- Bachelor’s Degree; preferred areas include business, organizational design, psychology, communications, English or related field
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
- 401k (with employer match)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
- MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
- Short-Term Disability
- Paid Employee Family Leave
- Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.