Account Director, Media Relations (Freelance)
San Francisco, California, United States
Weber Shandwick is currently seeking a Freelance Account Director to join our integrated media team in San Francisco. We’re a passionate and diverse team that protects and promotes a variety of consumer brands – and has fun while doing it!
We’re looking for a team player to help us tell compelling stories for our clients through innovative and integrated earned, owned and paid media strategies. We’re looking for an influencer and digital/social expert who can create stories that drive earned media coverage, plan events, lead announcement activations, manage influencer programs, and create and manage social campaigns. Familiarity with both traditional media as well as digital and social platforms is key.
- Develop a strong understanding of our clients’ businesses and target audiences, and collaborate across our Creative, Insights and Client Experience teams to create and execute innovative and integrated media/influencer/social campaigns
- Develop best-in-class strategies for content creation and distribution across paid, owned and earned channels
- Actively monitor media, social, influencer and industry trends to proactively identify opportunities and issues that directly and indirectly affect our client
- Building programs that map to pre-defined KPIs where ROI can be articulated and proven
- Approximately 7+ years of experience, ideally in an agency environment
- Strong understanding of the overall media and social media landscape
- Ability to work effectively with integrated agency teams
- A BA or BS degree in communications or a related discipline
- Strong written, verbal communication, presentation, collaboration and problem-solving skills
Weber Shandwick is a leading global communications and engagement firm in 78 cities with a network extending to 129 cities around the world. The firm’s diverse team of strategists, analysts, producers, designers, developers and campaign activators has won the most prestigious awards in the world for innovative, creative approaches and impactful work. Weber Shandwick was the only public relations agency included on the Advertising Age Agency A-list in 2014 and 2015 and the only PR firm designated an A-List Agency Standout in 2017 and 2018. Weber Shandwick was honored as PRWeek’s Global Agency of the Year in 2015, 2016 and 2017, The Holmes Report’s Global Agency of the Year in 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 and 2017 and The Holmes Report’s Global Digital Agency of the Year in 2016. The firm deploys deep expertise across sectors and specialty areas, including consumer marketing, corporate reputation, healthcare, technology, public affairs, financial services, employee engagement, social impact, financial communications and crisis management, using proprietary social, digital and analytics methodologies. Weber Shandwick is part of the Interpublic Group (NYSE: IPG). For more information, visit http://www.webershandwick.com
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.