Senior Manager, Client Experience
San Francisco, California, United States
Weber Shandwick is looking for a senior manager with Corporate experience to join our Client Experience team in San Francisco.
We Are Seeking:
The Weber Shandwick West team is currently seeking a Senior Manager to support several clients in our growing Corporate Practice. The ideal candidate will have experience in brand and reputation building communications, managing executive visibility, media strategy and team leadership with experience and comfort working across sectors including technology, financial services/fintechs and social impact/CSR. Preference to candidates with prior issues/crisis and new business experience. The candidate will have the opportunity to drive a broad range of corporate reputation campaigns across a variety of clients, while leading a team of practitioners and collaborating with Weber Shandwick’s network to develop strategic and creative client work.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Develop and grow positive relationships with clients, communicating with them daily, maintaining the company's reputation in terms of delivery and quality
- Serve as a key leader, or participant when relevant, in client meetings and presentations
- Provide strategic counsel to clients where possible, being able to assess problems and define logical and effective solutions for clients
- Collaborate effectively with agency expert teams, such as research teams, financial communications teams for moments like quarterly earnings, and strategy teams.
- Lead the delivery of high-profile accounts across multiple markets. Brief and inform account teams. Communicate expectations/goals to the team on an ongoing basis, helping to keep the team motivated by communicating clear tasks and actions. Mentor junior team.
- Work effectively with finance colleagues to track project workstreams against budget allocations and spend, and team member hours
- Anticipating and proactively offering solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
- Write well-structured, persuasive content and help train other team colleagues to do the same
- Contribute innovative ideas for the client and new business work, inspiring ideation amongst team members
- 5+ years public relations experience, corporate PR background desired
- Agency experience (preferred)
- Experience working on Corporate reputation campaigns across industries, technology experience in particular
- Basic understanding of, and ideally experience, working in financial communications space, including quarterly earnings
- You are both a creative and a strategic thinker, and a natural team leader
- Experience shaping and executing brand and executive thought leadership campaigns
- Comfort guiding clients through reputational issues and crisis scenarios
- Needs to have a track record in client service to senior level clients
- Strategic media relations knowledge
- BA or BS in Communications or related degree
The Weber Shandwick Collective recognizes that your health and wellbeing are a priority. This is why we offer a full suite of benefits including:
• 401k (with employer match)
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Juice Money – $60 monthly reimbursement to be used towards purchases that nourish your health, mind, body, and soul
• MyDays – Flexible holiday schedules
• Short-Term Disability
• Paid Employee Family Leave
• Family Building Benefit
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.
Other opportunities at Weber Shandwick
Interested in careers at Weber Shandwick but didn’t see a job listed that is right for you? Click the associated link based on your location to submit an application to our Canada, China, Hong Kong, United States and United Kingdom offices. For other locations, please check back as we continue to add new opportunities.